Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favorite gun

Mine has a black butt pad. Had to replace it, when the original red one wore slap out...

These two have taken the lead lately. The browning is a 1969 light 12 with stalker stocks. I have a 26” ic barrel for doves and 28” modified for ducks. Always shot them better than anything but hated beating my nice ones up. Since i cobbled this one together the old SBE stays in the safe. When i chase my old draht around or a pack of rabbit dogs i tote a little youth 870

The boltgun is a ruger 77/44. I shoot 270gr speer deep curls over a stout charge of h110. Where i hunt the shots are close usually so it gets toted more than anything
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post

I have a couple of those Singer machine table things sitting amongst a pile of stuff I am getting ready to get rid of. Any value?
    I honestly have no idea. It was my wife's great grandmother's. She's been into sewing for a bit, so it means a lot to her. She grabbed it when we finished building.

A few hundred dollars.

It holds my spit can and remote pretty well... you might notice that the remote is on the other side, she made up the bed. it'll be back on the other side between the hours of eight and nine.

One I wish I'd never let go, but didn't think it would see the action it deserved in my lifetime, so I let it go to a friend who has given it many miles of hunting quail and pheasant in the last few years.

Winchester Model 23 Two-Barrel 20/28 Gauge set...

Win23_20_28_Case.jpg
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Goodness, Woodie, that's a beautiful Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    ... My swagger kinda kicks up a notch when I have it in my hands.
    Didn't know that was possible.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Gunning Bird View Post
    Goodness, Woodie, that's a beautiful Winchester.
    Thanks, Gunning Bird, she was a sweet handling gun, with either set of barrels. I bought the set, unfired, from the old gun dealer in Aiken. I felt that everyone deserved to own at least one really fine firearm in their life, and then I tripped across this set on one of my trips down to see him.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Didn't know that was possible.

my dip goes to the front and then I begin pointing at things, like I'm ordering people. I try not to let the moment get too big, but there's something about watching birds fold up that brings immense pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Winchester Model 23 Two-Barrel 20/28 Gauge set...

Win23_20_28_Case.jpg
    You' crazy, man. I still have the original Winchester 23 catalog with that gun it in.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Fave is the Remington 11-48 in 16ga. Got Briley to thread her for thin wall chokes. Have yet to shoot a duck with her but I'm pretty on point in the dove field.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    You' crazy, man. I still have the original Winchester 23 catalog with that gun it in.
    If I had a son or nephew I could have passed it on to I'd probably have kept it and put it in my Will, but my only nephew doesn't hunt and wouldn't appreciate it.

Or if it had been a double rifle like the one you found, she'd be my only deer hunting rifle at this point.

My upcoming challenge is to get some loads made up for my 16 ga Drilling with a 10.3 x 65R Baenziger rifle barrel... that will also shoot .410 slugs. I've shot quail and dove with this gun, but you need to wear a leather glove on your hammer cocking hand or you'll slice things up.

I need to make a casting to verify everything, but I've got some brass .410 cases and the 2-1/2" one fit well. It would most definitely be a short range deer rifle since it's designed as a target cartridge.

http://www.cartridgecollector.net/103-x-65r-baenziger

16_10.3x65R_Drilling (5) (Small).JPG

16_10.3x65R_Drilling (1) (Small).JPG
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 02-23-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    ~ George Washington