Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arkansas?

Alright, here it is. Take it for what it's worth. I know "By-uh Meet-uh" like the back of my hand. I practically grew up in it. When you hear me say there aint no ducks in it, it's cause there aint no ducks in it.

If you know the areas that are re-lift capable there is huntable water(still no ducks, but things can change) I'm not going to say specific places but if you know it at all you know where those places are.

Here(click the bold letters) is a pic taken at Long Pond about 2 weeks ago. Since then we have gotten a grand total of 0.00" of rain so it still looks just like it does in the pic.

My advice to ya'll would be to stick with the flooded fields or anything that you know for a fact that has water.

We have killed 214 since the Second season opened on the 16 and right around 300 for the year on our farm in the woods.

I'm not an OOS hater, although I play one on the internet

Usually I would tell ya'll the scatters are full of water and ducks but it's so pittiful around here as far as "natrual" water goes I just can't bring myself to do it.

Like I said, take it for what it's worth. I'm just passing along a report from me, a mouth breathin, knuckle draggin, mullett wearin Arkie [img]graemlins/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, before I forget. Ya'll have fun and be safe while ya'll are here [img]graemlins/smokin2.gif[/img]
    Some mistakes are just too fun to make only once!

Thanks for the info Swampimp. Could you please explain what re-lift capable is? Once again, thanks so much for the info. Even though it makes me feel like shit. Sounds like we might have a wasted trip lined up. Oh well, I guess us SC boys will have to drink away our sorrows...

Tha Pimp is in da house! How's it going old boy? I reckon y'all are killing a few here and there. drove through Bayou Meto a couple weeks ago and damn man! I have seen more water in there in July. No shit. Hallowell had an ass of ducks but they were staying put. Sounds like things haven't changed much. Pimp, what in the HELL kind of camera has James gone and gotten hold of???? Sucka gone pro on us for sure...

BTW- relift=pump

D ,when I say re-lift I mean they re-lift water out of the Bayou into the woods with a power unit, that's all.

One of my best friends farms some ground that borders the Scatters over there near Cornerstone. He said he could walk across Five Forks in a pair of Burly's right now.

JAB, I think Wack has gotten ahold of some kind of Sony SLR camera with about 7 megapixels or something of the sort. Whatever it is, it's a bad mofo. If any of ya'l aint seen the pics, you owe it to yourself to go look.

I'm on my way back to the farm tomorrow morning.

OUT!
    Some mistakes are just too fun to make only once!

nutz is there right now. he said that if catdaddy would stop stealing his spots, they would be whacking them, big time.

stuttgart vicinity, i believe.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Well I'm in Stuttgart now and me and my 14 year old limited today in a rice field. Talked to some guys that said they found the birds in Buckingham flats this morning they killed 7 greenheads and one merganser (3 guns). It was a walk in but said the birds were pouring in when they had to leave due to travel arrangements. They also said the Game Wardens were there writing tickets for more than 15 shells. The rivers are extremely low out here and the only water has to be pumped even the farmers reservoirs are very low.
    It was a three dog night, and I ain't got but one dog, me and him both damn near froze.

2th dork you mean to tell us you let your son NUTZ go to AR alone???? Either you are trying to get rid of him and hope he doesnt come back or you dont love him anymore. I am in shock you dont know exactly where he is right now, we all figured you had some sort of gps tracking on him. I thought you were a better father to NUTZ than that.

[img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/devil-flip.gif[/img]
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Where is buckingham flatts. Around Reydel right? Please help a bro out.

K, I found it. Now the question is how do I get there? Can I get there from 5 forks?

The only way to get into Buckingham is to walk. It is a death march. Get some of those feather flex decoys. There are some good spots in there if you can find them. Everyone I have talked to has said that Bayou Meto is bone dry. E-mail me if you have any more questions.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Just got back from St Charles(near Stuttgart) and hunted 3 days with White River Guides(Walter & Donald Jones). This was my 4th trip with them and we did very well even though they have not water. We did hunt the first day with a friend of theirs(Kelly Lindsey) and went to the timber in White River Refuge. Shot plenty of woodies and greenheads that day. Days 2 & 3 we hunted pit blinds in the rice fields and did pretty well. I had 3 first timers with me and they all got hooked and wanted to go ahead and book for next year.

Also we stayed at Boondocks Lodge and that was great as well
    www.boondockslodge.com

Nine of us will be going next Wed to hunt with Walter and Donald. I hunted with them last year and did fairly well. I will have six with me that have never been to ARK. Hope we do good and might ask about that timber hunt if he can take us. I have never timber hunted out there. We hunted their big blind last year and once at Boondocks where we killed the most.
    Low country redneck who moved north

mudflat,

The timber is great but this year it is dry. Walter put us with Kelly Lindsey for it on Friday and we did good but not great. When you cross the Mississippi River you will see how dry it has been.

Tell Donald to KISS MY ASS while you are at(ha ha). I had 3 guys with me that have never been and they all got hooked one had never even duck hunted and is now wanting to buy a new shotgun for next year.

We also did our best in their big blind also

The only guides I've ever shared a blind with was one of the Jones boys and Kelly. They blew their butts off and we killed a few ducks one morning when AR was duckless. I'd recommend them if guided hunts are your bag. They're good for a joke and they work hard for you. They also love to turkey hunt if I remember right. Catdaddy told me how to leverage an Arki's love of the longbeard.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Me, BUSHHOGGIN, Barely Legal and a friend of ours is heading out tomorrow around 3pm to hunt this weekend. Hopefully we can slay em and get back in one piece.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

arkansas is having a record drought and a heat wave. for being so hot we did alright 108 first four days and 67 the next 4 days with about 50 snows blues and specks just a little bonus. mostly gadwall a few mallards a few sprigs,
    and a couple more ducks in the mix.

how guns were involved in that slaughter of ducks? i havent heard of anyone in any state doing that great. ya'll must have found the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. what part were you in?
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

[img]graemlins/lol.gif[/img] rubbahead!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

w/ 5 guns that is a little less than a limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

i parked in your spot at low falls this morning
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”