Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas?

Anyone gonna be over there for the 2nd opener in a couple weeks?

I'll be there. My buddy has a farm with a swamp just outside of Little Rock. I heard they have had the best early season in 10 years.

Just got back last night. Hunted 4 day and it was pretty good. The guys I hunt with killed about 450 the first season. I'll miss the second opener, I'll be killing'um in Idaho.
    80-20 Genaration

I hope those Greenies stay around, cause I can hardly wait on the 16th

BS, I'll be there. Were flying into Memphis early Thurs morn. you know, that'll allow for some BLACK/jack in Tunica, MS. then on to Stuttgart for what hopefully will be some good huntin. I've seen/heard some great reports, but like you said, I hope the greenies stick around because I can't wait either. But good shootin or not, we'll always have Pam Pam's and the White Water Refuge!
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

duckhuntr, ill be picking my guys up at the airport in Memphis early Thursday morning and headed over. Well be around the Stutgart area, and just got a report from a farmer tonight saying that things are looking good.

Weather supposed to be highs in 50's lows in upper 30's and clear skys with a little wind.
    Could be good for the timber

Any day is a good day in the timber

Sounds great. We'll be hunting timber and rice fields (about 15 miles South of Stuttgart and very close to Bayou Meto) while we're there...clear skies and a decent wind is what it's all about. There will be five of us stompin through the airport around 9'ish lookin for a rental car. Good luck to ya BullSprig.
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Anybody gonna be in stuttgart the first week of january?

Thomas, who all is heading down there with you? Sewanee boys? I'm sure not Courtland's lazy ass. There should be a lot of birds when you are down there, another front is moving through today and tomorrow. Good luck. -Martelli
    \"Cut \'em down boys.\" -Denim Dan

ill be there JAN.2-8. D's, where abouts yall going to be?

heading to arkansas now for a few days after new years. Going to hunt a little with some boys just south of stutgart and then taking our boat out on some public land. Hopefully all those ducks will be in the timber while we are there. If you boys want to meet up let me know.
    -R
    \"Cut \'em down boys.\" -Denim Dan

Leaving next Wednesday around 3 pm and plan on hunting Friday through Sunday. If you boys see a blue 2500HD Crew Cab with SC plates give us a shout. We will be around Stuttgart and the Bayou Meto.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Chuck I hope you have a better report than us on the bayou meto. We were planning on leaving next Thur. but may wait another week considering the water situation. I would be interested in hearing the reports you have gotten.

Not to steer anyone away from Double Duck (since he's a sponsor) but we hunt every year with Jay Coker at Dry Lake Hunting Service in Stuttgart (actually it's 2 miles from the Bayou Meto) and they had plenty of water in their rice fields. We killed quite a few during the first few days of the second split. He has water if you like to hunt out of very nice pit blinds......to tell the truth, he's probably all booked up.......but FWIW....

KD we hunt with a guide that always has birds. He pumps water in the rice fields, has some flooded timber, a resivoir that holds birds when everything else is frozen. He has plenty of places to hunt. While we are out there I will be stopping by double duck outfitters to meet those guys and possibly line up another trip for thanksgiving weekend next year.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

We have a trailer in Lodge Corner. Its on the right side of the road about a mile before Bayou Meto. We'll be riding in an 05 Grey 150 supercab. We'll be huntin the metro if conditions permit. Guess we'll have to see. We'll be there from the 2nd to the 8th also.

Well good luck to you Chuck, and anyone else headed that way. Hopefully conditions will improve. It will be a much less expensive trip if they do.

D's you wont miss us if you know where schultz's "shack" is be there early thursday am through Sunday bout dinner time. If the blue 05 2500 crew or possibly an 03 2500 ext cab we should be there.

we'll be there the 2nd-8th and will be in a black 00' F-150 stepside 4X4. Has four big lights on the front of it and a georgia tag on the back. Hard to miss us if u see it. Hope to see yall there and pm me if yall want to meet up one night.