Thread: Canada oh Canada

Duck Tour 2004 is getting ready to resume after some goose and duck whackage in Tennessee earlier this month. We are heading for the Prairies now and things are looking good from reports. There is a ton of unharvested crops left on the prairies due to storms and that should keep the birds around in abundance. I am looking forward to the afternoon upland bird hunting as well. Those huns and prairie chickens are literally a blast! [img]graemlins/2ar15.gif[/img]

I know you're pumped! Yes, the huns and chickens are SO much fun to hunt. The Huns might be the best eating bird in the world. Where are you going up there? We go to Swiftcurrent and we have the times of our lives
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Three more weeks... yeehaw!!!!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

We will be hunting north of Swift Current this year not far from the area the world record buck was taken. Where are you headed to Sasha? The reports have been pretty good so far. Duckhuntr, you are right about the huns. I already have my dry ice in my freezer to bring back a bunch of those babies!

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Went to Moosejaw hunted 3 days - had a great time - limited on ducks everyday - killed 10 canadas also on first day - second day hunted skycarp in the afternoon - took 32 snows/blues and 4 specs. Great trip only had one married duck and 1 married goose. Killed only 3 pintails but were not in a pintail area! Hunted a 3/4 acre shallow pothole in the middle of a 300 acre thatched pea field the first morning - over in less than an hour 6-guns - 45 mallards - 3 pintails - 10 canadas. 2nd day - beaverpond surrounded by pea fields - 4 guns - 32 mallards - took turns shooting! - Hunted fields 2nd afternoon - 4-guns - 32 snows/blues and 4 specs - 3rd morning - pothole 5 guns - 40 mallards.
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

Bottineau... 3 miles South of the Border.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I leave for Manitoba on Saturday morning. I am so ready, I am about to explode. Half the group went up this past Saturday. No reports yet, but the farmers are telling us they have less than 5% of the crop off and the birds are already down. The farmers are telling us it has been raining to much to get the crops either swathed or combined.

I'm told they have been seeing a lot of sharptails this year. Very few Huns on this side of Manitoba, but when you find the sharptails, they are a blast to hunt. We go so far as to carry a brittany to supplement the labs in the duck and goose fields, but mostly for ruffed and sharptails in the afternoons we can't find a good duck field.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

Don't waist your time I killed them ALL!!!

80-20 Genaration

I have been blowing my speck call all week in preperation. Gotta build those lungs up! 5 doz new speck shells in the Duck Tour trailer means it is gonna suck to be a specklebelly shortly! buzzsaw:

There are 4 specs in that pile. I love a speck too!
    Nothing like the crack of dawn in AR in a rice feild and hear the cry of a lone spec, Mama-Mama!

What kind of spec call you totin on?
    80-20 Genaration

I got a Primos in Suttgart a couple years ago that I love. Damn, Specks are more fun to call than mall... I can't bring myself to say it but they are.

One of our crew wears those ESP hearing plugs and it is like having Superman in the blind with you. We learned that he could hear those lone Specks 3-4 TIMES farther than we could. When he hears them I will just get down on that call and quite often you can pull those singles over to you that you would never have even known were in the world...

Just had some buddies get back from a bear/duck trip, they waxed that ass, i can't remember all the totals on the ducks but all three got good bears and i'll be posting they're pics in a week or two!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

I've got a Chien Caille spec call thats pretty sweet. We had three spec last year come in on a string from a half mile and when we pulled the trigger they were 15 yards! It don't get any better!!
    80-20 Genaration