Thread: SC Quail Forever

Default SC Quail Forever

NSTRA is holding their Quail Invitational field trials in Seneca next week. This is a national trial with folks coming from all over the US and Canada to compete. Quail Forever is sponsoring the event and part of the sponsorship is the ability to hold a pseudo-banquet on Thursday evening, the 25th. On top of that, there will be a conventional fund raising banquet in Charleston in March as detailed below:

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG
    At least I'm housebroken.

Strongly considering attending the March event. Willie was a damn good friend. Nice to see his name on something like this.

Had supper on Friday at Shem Creek Bar and Grill. New ownership has redecorated. Took all the old photos off the walls, including the photos of Willie on a quail hunt from the bathroom. I was sad. I'd pay to have those photos. I asked the manager if he knew what happened to the pictures. He didn't know.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Strongly considering attending the March event. Willie was a damn good friend. Nice to see his name on something like this.

Had supper on Friday at Shem Creek Bar and Grill. New ownership has redecorated. Took all the old photos off the walls, including the photos of Willie on a quail hunt from the bathroom. I was sad. I'd pay to have those photos. I asked the manager if he knew what happened to the pictures. He didn't know.
    Small world ain't it?..I will be sure to say hello if you can make it in March. Great venue...

I had a long standing friendship with Mr. McRae. To lose him and my best friend in the same year was rough. I am planning to be there.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I had a long standing friendship with Mr. McRae. To lose him and my best friend in the same year was rough. I am planning to be there.
    awesome...just make sure to call Tim Askins or email him. I'll look forward to learning more about Mr. McRae..

Why Sunday, it makes hard on folks from Midlands to attend and make it back to work.

That's a valid point. I'm pretty sure that they can get more people to attend on a Sunday in general than a Saturday though. Take a day off on Monday That's what I'm doing.

Dang I hate to hear that, though I do my best to steer clear off the creek these days , that was my goto for near 35 years. Daumit , is nothing sacred.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    Why Sunday, it makes hard on folks from Midlands to attend and make it back to work.
    Probably a wedding there Saturday night.

any more info on the pseudo-banquet on Thursday night?

It was good..trying to post some pictures later..made some headway on the upstate chapter.

I cannot post pics very easily for some reason...this is the only one I could get to work.

20210225_165543.jpg

Last edited by Duck Nitz; 03-03-2021 at 07:47 PM.

It was a good event with a smaller turnout than last year but a lot of awareness (and money) was raised. This was a truly first class event. The Upstate Quail Forever chapter is gaining ground and it is rumored we will be doing an event in Greenville soon. Keeping the dream alive, as it were...

I would definitely be interested in seeing an event in Greenville. Looking forward to hearing some more details.

Quote Originally Posted by cduke View Post
    I would definitely be interested in seeing an event in Greenville. Looking forward to hearing some more details.
    I'm hoping to see one this year..thanks for expressing your interest