Quote Originally Posted by Otter 1200 View Post
FIL bought an old house built in the 40’s right before he passed away in 2016 (you can tell house was built during WWII, basement has 12”+ concrete walls-bomb shelter) People that owned it left everything as part of the deal, I helped clean it out after he passed away. Along with a ton of other old crap was a pretty good lot of Cast iron pans. No one had lived in the house in 5+ years and they were in bad shape. I started cleaning the 1st one this week-just to see how bad it would be, surprising is the pans only have sizes and numbers, no MFG information. Anyway, Been studying/reading as much as I can about reconditioning them. Cleaned the first one over the last few days and started re-seasoning tonight, not sure they are worth saving after the work in this 1st one. Any of you guys have a good simple method? I went with oven cleaner, sanding, oven cleaner, sanding, etc. Seasoning is oil coating, 450 for 30 minutes, repeat, 4 times.
Are They Griswald or Wagner?..............two of the best cast iron fly pans ever made.