Thread: Turkey Choke for SBE 2. 12g.

Default Turkey Choke for SBE 2. 12g.

A friend just got a SBE2 is looking for turkey Choke tube recommendations.12 gauge. Thanks in advance. SD

I'll get blasted by someone for this, as I always do, but I put a longbeard XR choke in mine, and I shoot Longbeard XR #5s and #6s...whatever I can find, but I prefer the 5s. I went that route after watching youtube vids of several people patterning the setup out of various shotguns and getting ridiculous numbers of pellets in the head and neck at 70 yards. I never planned on shooting any bird at that distance, but I actually did shoot my first Wyoming bird at ~80 and knocked him dead in the dirt with minimal flopping. TSS and the other typical turkey loads do not pattern nearly as well out of it. Hornady loads look like they came out of a sawed off barrel. The pattern with the XRs is almost too tight for close up birds that don't come in straight down the barrel completely oblivious to your presence.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 02-17-2021 at 12:25 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Alright. Thanks. Just trying to shortcut a friend from buying 5 chokes to pattern. Save a few $. Thanks. SD

Quote Originally Posted by SharkDave View Post
    Alright. Thanks. Just trying to shortcut a friend from buying 5 chokes to pattern. Save a few $. Thanks. SD
    Indian creek

Indian creek or sumtoy. Both work well in my SBE
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I've got a pile of turkey chokes for SBE2 12 gauge he's welcome to rifle through.

Where's your buddy?

My advice is to go ahead and put a red dot on that gun. My SBE2's POI is 4" to the left and up 2" @ 40 yds with every choke I tried.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

BB and others great info and thanks for the kind offer. He’s in KY, not a turkey guy but wants to try so thought I’d help him save a few chokes. Know I went through about 5 before I realized my factory xxful works best from 15-50. Thanks again. SD