Thread: Bassmasters event #1

Default Bassmasters event #1

Bassmasters 1st event of the year started Thursday on the St. John’s river in Florida. Brandon made the day 3 cut and wound up 48th for the tournament. Patrick Walters caught the heaviest stringer of the event today and is leading. Hopefully he can hang on tomorrow for the win.

That was some miserable conditions this morning. I love fishing but damn having to stand on the front of the boat and get pelted by rain. Glad to see Patrick have a good round today.

If Walters can get phone coverage I think we will get a Live Scope/HB360 lesson tomorrow. You better learn these electronics or get left behind.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    If Walters can get phone coverage I think we will get a Live Scope/HB360 lesson tomorrow. You better learn these electronics or get left behind.

yep- a total gamechanger

Think I saw gonna be live in the Morning starting bout 8 but not sure what channel
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Watched this morning damn guy fishing the cypress trees was bound and determined to catch fish in them. And i think ended up getting on them.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Fox sports is carrying live a good bit this year-good for Fox and good for the fishermen. Hackney was killing them in the Cypress trees, he’s one of the best at flipping. I would have absolutely hated fishing in that mess of a rain storm today, you can see why these guys are sponsored by and wear some of the best rain gear companies out there. Brandon used Simms until this new company got with him, he said this new company is the best he’s ever wore but expensive-Bucknbass.

I had it on today, switched channels when they did, then damn horse racin came on. Typical Florida springtime fishing. I have tourney fished all of those places way back when.

Brandon thought about going mlf?
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Brandon thought about going mlf?
    When the shake up happen a couple years back, he didn’t get invited to MLF even though he had done pretty well in FLW. With the scramble at the time, BASS invited him to fish with them. Most of his sponsors viewed this as a positive move so he did. It’s worked out pretty well for him so far. He won 2 events and His followers on social media doubled with his move, so sponsors are getting a lot more visibility. The attraction is the Bassmasters Classic, everyone knows about it.
    Last edited by Otter 1200; 02-15-2021 at 09:13 PM.

I agree, I like watching both but there seems to be a lot of changing going on with MLF/BPT.

Brandon is in the best place, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I agree, I like watching both but there seems to be a lot of changing going on with MLF/BPT.

Brandon is in the best place, IMHO.

I agree with this. Something to be said about bringing in the biggest 5
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid