Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddle lyfe

It all depends with the style of hunting that you do and how the saddle fits you as everybody is built differently....it took me a couple of years to finally find one that fit me right for all day rut hunts. I wouldn't base my purchase from a SCducker that's a fanboy of a certain brand, my advice would be to find somebody that has one and see if you can test theirs out. Wish I had done that 4 years ago as it would have saved me a lot of $$$ and uncomfortable sits.

For bowhunting I've tried Cruz, Aero, Trophyline and they just didn't fit me right and the Tethrd Mantis fit me like a glove.

As far as a platform goes I use the trophyline mission for my spots that are less than a mile hike in and anything further than that I'll use my Tethrd predator to cut down on some weight....I promise that it's ok if your platform and saddle aren't the same brand!

I rock a JX3, primarily for gun hunting, and it's awesome...it's a little extra weight on the hike in but an extremely comfortable setup I just don't prefer it when I'm toting the bow but others swear by it.
    Last edited by ecwooduck; 02-11-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Don’t confuse hate with people trying to inform others of the perils of doing business with two turds that have built a company off of a ripped off design.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Aerohunter, to me, is the safest way to go because they have been making devices to hang from trees the longest. I’m sure all the others are just fine, but I like the fact that arborists have trusted aerohunter to make their setups for years.

Look at out “out on a limb” for a platform. Mine is well built and strong. I’m 6’5”225 and have no worries. The design of the tethrd platform and similar ones scares me from a physics stand point as a bigger guy

All of this saddle stuff won’t work unless you wear sitka or first lite though.

Quote Originally Posted by mudminnow View Post
    Aerohunter, to me, is the safest way to go because they have been making devices to hang from trees the longest. I’m sure all the others are just fine, but I like the fact that arborists have trusted aerohunter to make their setups for years.

Look at out “out on a limb” for a platform. Mine is well built and strong. I’m 6’5”225 and have no worries. The design of the tethrd platform and similar ones scares me from a physics stand point as a bigger guy

All of this saddle stuff won’t work unless you wear sitka or first lite though.
    Don't forget KUIU....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Don't forget KUIU....
    And you have to pronounce it with confidence, even though everyone pronounces it a different way. Nobody is sure enough to correct the others pronunciation so whoever says the brand first with confidence in the group has set the pronunciation for the ensuing gear conversation

Correct. Also, never make the mistake of saying you "use" a certain brand of saddle/sticks/platform. All these components make up a "kit" and you "run" the "kit".....

Im tempted to try one with my tree hooks and lineman belt instead of having to mess with sticks. Any of ya'll do that?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

This had some good info. I would look at the facebook saddle hunter classifieds if you are on facepage. It has a lot of good used gear all the time. Getting up and down will be your biggest choice and get a platform as it saves the legs. I am gonna upgrade to some lighter climbing sticks and platform before next year. Good luck. Was going to get an H2 but they are dang near impossible to find used. I ended up with a tetherd phantom and got rope and a back strap from them online. I may switch to an H2 before next year to try it out but have no complaints with the phantom.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 02-11-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

That’s enough about saddles.

Can we talk about soccer shin guards now. Who makes the best? Price is not an issue.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

i swear you people can take the fun out of just about anything.

and now you're making sniping a deer off a corn pile a fucking job.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    That’s enough about saddles.

Can we talk about soccer shin guards now. Who makes the best? Price is not an issue.
    Lionel Messi is an Argentine player widely regarded as one of the best football players in the world. He likes to wear shin guards with a custom design that uses Blaugrana colors followed by the letters Leo and his shirt number 10. Adidas Company developed standard Messi10 shin guards after deciding to camouflage them
    thats all you need to know
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Im tempted to try one with my tree hooks and lineman belt instead of having to mess with sticks. Any of ya'll do that?
    You can but you’re just going to die faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    You can but you’re just going to die faster.
    better than going out slow and painful lol
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

True.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    . Lionel Messi is an Argentine player widely regarded as one of the best football players in the world. He likes to wear shin guards with a custom design that uses Blaugrana colors followed by the letters Leo and his shirt number 10. Adidas Company developed standard Messi10 shin guards after deciding to camouflage them

So, he WAS a football player once, but then he realized he was gay and switched to soccer?

Got it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

True.
    Like in HD and Marlboro Man "Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!"

Unless you died because your Tethrd platform broke and your Tethrd tether didn’t catch you because the splice came undone and dropped your ass to the earth.

Unless you died because your Tethrd platform broke and your Tethrd tether didn’t catch you because the splice came undone and dropped your ass to the earth.
    so dont buy a tethrd?

Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    so dont buy a tethrd?
    Nothing wrong with tethrd. Most on here haven’t even tried their equipment. I had all tethrd gear for 2 years. Bought a kestrel flex and to be honest I’m not happy with it. It’s more comfortable than my mantis but is still lacking. Kestrel flex is not all that as some in here make it out to be. I will be investing in a latitude outdoors or Cruzx. Every saddle is built pretty much the same with a few differences.

Also without tethrd, half these products on the market wouldn't exist. Tethrd marketing took saddle hunting to new heights and made it popular which made other companies R&d and improve their line of items.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-11-2021 at 10:59 AM.