Thread: Arkansas

Heading out to Dumas, AR on Friday for 4 days of hunting. The 2 farmers we hunt with called this morning to say they have new ducks and the 2 of them shot limits of pintails and greenheads this morning. Hopefully the cold weather this weekend will help, they said it's supposed to be 17 Sat. and 20 Sun. morning with highs in the low 40's.

Good luck to anyone else who is going. I'll post a report when I get back.
    SCMallard

Heading there with my brother and two buddies Friday night. Course we are going to Stuttgart with the same expectations as last year when we went. Going to hunt Sun through Tuesday am. Cant wait hopefully it will be better than Mississippi.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

rubbaheads
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Good luck. 5 guys this morning in NE AR did'nt pull the trigger! If your guy has birds hopefully he can deal with freezeups because it fixin to get COLD!!!
    80-20 Genaration

BSD [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img]

As far as freeze up our guide pumps water constantly to keep things from freezing up. Last year the rice field was frozen but he pumped water into a slough all night to keep it from freezing and we hammered them.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Duckman#1,
    That's what I thought also. Our farmer told us on Tues. that the locals were saying lows in the teens all weekend, but accuweather.com and weather.com both say lows around 28 and highs in the mid 40's with sunshine Sat. thru Mon.

The colder the better for us. They have a deepwater cypress brake where we have had unbelievable hunts the last 2 years on the first morning of freezes. But it doesn't look like it's going to get cold enough?

Chuck,
    We are hitting the road tomorrow afternoon as well. Hope y'all wear em out. I'll look forward to hearing your report next week as well.
    SCMallard

Good Luck SCM! Hope ya'll wear them out!