Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Starlink Internet

I just got a call from a recruiter for a job with another player in this exact industry. Astranis I think it was.

Apparently they landed some big deal with Peru. Neat technology.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I've had Starlink for a week now. It just rolled out in my area.It's been great so far. I get speeds of 350 mbps download and 120 uploaded.
    Last edited by *Crippler*; 02-04-2022 at 03:18 PM.
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Son of a...

Haven't seen any interruption with my service, still as fast and reliable as when we installed it.

Can you stream movies good with starlink? I have hughsnet and it’s torture. I find myself using my hotspot on Verizon more than the WiFi. I’m paying $98 a month for basically nothing and I’m locked in an agreement. I didn’t know any better
    867-5309

We also use the WiFi for kids homeschooling.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Son of a...
    Well within the margin of error. Everything is going to be fine. It's alllll fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Can you stream movies good with starlink? I have hughsnet and it’s torture. I find myself using my hotspot on Verizon more than the WiFi. I’m paying $98 a month for basically nothing and I’m locked in an agreement. I didn’t know any better
    Call HughesNet and raise hell. They told me the same thing until I got the right person on the phone. Had to get downright rude to make it happen but I finally got it cancelled with no penalty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Luckily I was out of my contract with Hughsnet and could tell them to pound sand. No issues at all streaming movies sometimes on multiple firesticks. Its refreshing not to think about or hear the kids bitching about not being able to do home work.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Can you stream movies good with starlink?
    With Crippler making this statement, unless the connection just has some super bad jitter/ latency issues the speed should support just about anything you throw at it!

I get speeds of 350 mbps download and 120 uploaded.
    In my days of selling internet don't think I ever heard of a customer with HughesNet say they were pleased with their service.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-11-2022 at 01:45 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Yeah, I stream at 10mbps which is plenty. I wanted this "because" tree fiddy>10.

But this isn't going to work out if they are that dang fragile.

Elon needs to supplement his returns by shooting Nuc waste into orbit.

Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

An email from Elon just now..

Starlink

Due to excessive levels of inflation, the price of the Starlink kit is increasing from $499 to $549 for deposit holders, and $599 for all new orders, effective today. In addition, the Starlink monthly service price will increase from $99 to $110.

The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising inflation. As Starlink expands service in your area, you will be emailed when your Starlink is ready and you will have 7 days to finalize your order. You can cancel your deposit for a full refund at any time in your account page.

Since launching our public beta service in October 2020, the Starlink team has tripled the number of satellites in orbit, quadrupled the number of ground stations and made continuous improvements to our network. Going forward, users can expect Starlink to maintain its cadence of continuous network improvements as well as new feature additions.

Thank you for being a Starlink customer and your continued support!

The Starlink Team

Just Thank the resident idiot that is really fixin to fuk shit up over in poland. God Bless America and fjb
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Won't be long. Just paid for the hardware. Hope it works out.

SPACEX.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Call HughesNet and raise hell. They told me the same thing until I got the right person on the phone. Had to get downright rude to make it happen but I finally got it cancelled with no penalty
    Gonna have to when I get starlink. I’m hooked into a contract. It’s brutal.

Just ordered my kit. Has anyone else received theirs yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by Grebe View Post
    Just ordered my kit. Has anyone else received theirs yet?
    I paid a deposit a year ago to get it for our place in Saluda. Says it is expected mid 2022 for “our area”.