Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Herters

Id pay 25 bucks a decoy and my great grandkids could use em long before id pay $800 for a pair of waders that might not leak for one beaver pond hunt.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    To make the glue thin enough that the texture added in the first coat will be there. This keeps the decoy from being slick when you go to pick it up.
    Correct, and it cuts down on the weight, its super strong even watererd down. Another thing as to the corn cobb, that media holds water and will rot out if the outer shell is compromised, walnut shell litter will not attract nor hold water nor rot.
    Genesis 9;2

Killz primer.
    Rustoleum gloss and nylon flock.
    24 hours in warm dry temp
    Rustoleum gloss and nylon flock again.

Burlap, titebond, etc aren't needed.
    Tried this on an iPhone case. It lasted 2 years going in and out of pocket getting dropped etc on phone case. I don't think anyone touches decoys that much. Rustoleum is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Killz primer.
    Rustoleum gloss and nylon flock.
    24 hours in warm dry temp
    Rustoleum gloss and nylon flock again.

Burlap, titebond, etc aren't needed.
    Tried this on an iPhone case. It lasted 2 years going in and out of pocket getting dropped etc on phone case. I don't think anyone touches decoys that much. Rustoleum is tough.
    I made a decoy out of burlap and rustoleum. You can use that thing to chock dozer tracks.