Thread: Barrett shotguns?

Default Barrett shotguns?

Anyone got firsthand experience with these? From my reading Barrett launched multiple lines of o/u guns in the 2017 timeframe. They seem to be a fine firearm, but they apparently discontinued all of them not too terribly long after, I presume to stick to their primary market being rifles. I'd assume they didn't sell very well or perhaps they had some problems, or something. Fausti made them and Barrett's standard seems to be high, so I'd imagine the guns couldn't have had too many issues.

I've stumbled upon a few for sale, and my curiosity was piqued. I prefer of Prince of Wales stock and they're not exactly mainstream, making these guns appeal to me even more. I just like the round knob look and more importantly they're on the slimmer side, making them a good fit for my hands. I like the field grade guns as I haven't gotten immersed into any of the clay games, aside from shooting skeet regularly. Though I intend to start shooting at the Wateree range more often since it's right down the road from me. With improvement as my goal, I feel the solution is multi faceted. I need to leave my comfort zone, get stronger on fundamentals, challenge myself and shoot more often.

All that being said a field gun that doubles for clays seems to be more practical to me, but I'm not above looking for a good all around clays gun that's versatile enough to take on all skeet, clays or trap yet will double as a field gun. These last few years I find myself grabbing my o/u more for doves and ducks.

A couple of these Barrett guns seem to be suitable for that need, but I just don't know much about them and figured I'd see what y'all knew about em.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 02-09-2021 at 11:29 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

It starts with a B so that's a big no for you.

I'm considering breaking tradition.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Don’t know anything about em, but I know most Barrett’s are expensive AF , so I’d look into Remington, Mossberg, and other cheaply made guns....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Oh trust me, these guns' original MSRP on the Albany model for example was $5k+. That's a big fat no sandwich. But the price tag I'm seeing of new old stock and used are in the $2k range, which is in my wheelhouse. My only o/u is a 70s Miroku with 28" barrel and Briley thin wall chokes. It's a nice gun for what it is. I like it and all, but I'm looking to go to longer barrels, minimum 30".

Last edited by willyworm; 02-09-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't bother with a shotgun without a proven track record. Fausti makes a wide range of guns. Some are crappy some are just ok.

I'll make this real easy, if you want a gun to shoot for clays and birds, there is a Beretta for sale on here with 32 inch barrels. Buy that and be done with it. Don't bother with 30 inch barrels on an over/under. Trust me on this.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Don’t know anything about em, but I know most Barrett’s are expensive AF , so I’d look into Remington, Mossberg, and other cheaply made guns....

Thanks Gander.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Don't bother with a shotgun without a proven track record. Fausti makes a wide range of guns. Some are crappy some are just ok.

I'll make this real easy, if you want a gun to shoot for clays and birds, there is a Beretta for sale on here with 32 inch barrels. Buy that and be done with it. Don't bother with 30 inch barrels on an over/under. Trust me on this.
    I won't tell that to one of my clients that just told me he bought a Fausti with interchangeable barrels. Think it was 28/410.

Fausti tried to make a run in the clay target market and I have yet to see one being used in competition. I once owned a Fausti and it liked to double on occasion. That will get your attention

Gander, what's your opinion of Fabarm O/U shotguns?

I was looking at a couple of CG's at a gun store this past weekend, the guy behind the counter said CG makes Fabarm as well, lower price point. I had never heard of them.

"Double" meaning both shells fire on a single trigger pull?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes, single pull, both shells went off simultaneously.

Fabarms is made in a different factory from Cesar Guerini. Cesar makes some beautiful guns but its all windows dressing. I had one and the guy that bought it from me had all sorts of issues. They finally gave him a new receiver. Another buddy of mine bought one of their higher grade guns and it didn't hold up.

Fabarms makes some nice guns with good balance. I actually have a very nice side by side I shoot for a few events every year. Actually won HOA one year at Nationals with it. But the high volume shooters report problems with them. They are probably fine if you aren't a high volume shooter. I'm talking more than 20k rounds a year.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Oh God you're going to break some hearts in here calling Remington cheaply made