Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun safes

I've seen a few safes after a fire during my time as a fireman, for the love of God don't put it in a garage, 2nd Floor, try the ground floor behind a closed door. Keeping the door closed to the room the safe is in will do wonders. For that matter you should keep all the doors in your home closed it significantly impedes a fires progress and the availability of oxygen, i've seen several fires snuffed out in the room of origin because of closed doors.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Quote Originally Posted by LCO View Post
    I've seen a few safes after a fire during my time as a fireman, for the love of God don't put it in a garage, 2nd Floor, try the ground floor behind a closed door. Keeping the door closed to the room the safe is in will do wonders. For that matter you should keep all the doors in your home closed it significantly impedes a fires progress and the availability of oxygen, i've seen several fires snuffed out in the room of origin because of closed doors.
    Out of curiosity why not in the garage. Fuel in vehicles?

Whole house fire sprinklers. Or at least one Fire sprinkler head above safe location.

1 vote for liberty

Does anybody have a "safe" that would work in the main room area or at least something that isn't just a hunk of metal? We are probably going to have to move my current safe out of the guest/child's bedroom soon and that seems like to most logical way to go. The other way would be to take it down to the shed in the backyard and I DO NOT want to do that

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Does anybody have a "safe" that would work in the main room area or at least something that isn't just a hunk of metal? We are probably going to have to move my current safe out of the guest/child's bedroom soon and that seems like to most logical way to go. The other way would be to take it down to the shed in the backyard and I DO NOT want to do that
    I got a forklift you can borrow. I'll come stand around, drink beer, and video
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I got a forklift you can borrow. I'll come stand around, drink beer, and video
    Why don't you worry with what sort of pre-emergent I need instead of letting me borrow a forklift to move all these Beretta's that I'll never sell you. Also I don't think you have enough insurance on that forklift. Remember there is a lake in the backyard and a decent hill

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Remember there is a lake in the backyard and a decent hill
    Thats more than a decent hill in that backyard. Damn thing is almost a cliff
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I just saw these this morning...It's kind of small but the customizing might make it more usable than some larger safes.

https://www.hornady.com/security/rap...ready-vault#!/
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    Out of curiosity why not in the garage. Fuel in vehicles?
    The fire load in a garage is insane for instance, two vehicles full of plastics, fuel and all the stored things chairs, tents, whatever else most people store in garages flammable liquids i.e. oil, gasoline jugs, wd-40 things of that nature. Fire takes off in those environments. Usually they are uninsulated and drafty fire has an ample source of oxygen and air flow. Modern homes are very well sealed if a fire can't access fresh air it will die out if in a confined and airtight area. Fire needs heat, fuel, and oxygen to survive and a garage is a perfect combination of those 3 things usually
    Last edited by LCO; 02-09-2021 at 11:23 AM.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Which one did you get if you do t mind me asking
    It is a hamilton tl 15, 2hr fire protection

Go see him, he gives you a lot of information.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    I think it was mentioned above, don't count on getting 52 guns in a 52 gun safe. Ain't happenin. Gets even worse when you add rifles with scopes.
    This! I was dead set on a 40 gun until my dad bought a 64 gun and it was way to crowded in my opinion. When it can time to buy my safe i was going to get the 64 until i saw the 80 gun and it was on sale for the same damn price. Yes it is almost over kill but i have everything i need and then some in it.
    If You Bait them They Will Come!