Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sight mount config SBE2...WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    It’s a shotgun. You aren’t shooting 250 yards. Just use that bright orange thingy an the end of the barrel.

Good luck!
    Maybe I am. Seriously, I’m shooting 50+ out here in this wide open terrain, and while my gun will deliver a tight load out to 70, the bead covers most of the bird at 50. I also want to be able to shoot in less than ideal positions like to my left etc.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    Not being an ass but Nitro gave you your answer with the first response to your thread. I went ahead and did the leg work for you and called sumtoy customs. The mount for the FF3 is the same for the venom. The one made specifically for your gun is $50. As stated previously by others, you won’t find a better mount. I have a few with FF3 and they are dern near flush to the receiver.

Problem solved.
    Thanks. Maybe I should have called sumtoy. I just looked them up to see what they had, and they are on Facebook...I don’t do Facebook, and I didn’t see a website to look at their products.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Thanks. Maybe I should have called sumtoy. I just looked them up to see what they had, and they are on Facebook...I don’t do Facebook, and I didn’t see a website to look at their products.
    Give William a call. He's a good guy and really helpful.

(i aint a gun guy....)

But, what does fit have to do with a red dot scoped gun? wouldnt one negate the other?

I still dont understand a scope on a shotgun, but agreeing with jj1965 just isnt something I'm willing to do on a monday....

and remind me which one i'm supposed to like and which one i'm supposed to make fun of. I cant keep em straight. Berretta? Benelli?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

I still dont understand a scope on a shotgun, but agreeing with jj1965 just isnt something I'm willing to do on a monday....

I get it. Really, I do.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

we all have our own cross to bear
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

That we do.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post
    Not completely in this case. Ive found rails that fit the SBE2, but I’ve found exactly one that any user reviews actually have an actual consumer that will verify that the rail fits the gun without any issues (weaver I bought). I’ve found one picatinny that states it will fit the SbE2 as well as 20 other models...but I can not find anyone who has ever mounted it a SBE2. I’ve found a lot of threads on various boards with posters asking which rail to use, and the most definitive answers involve poorly fitting/performing rails and people advising to get certain rails and /or the gun tapped and drilled to get something to work. The Benelli shop sells a picatinny rail for the SBE 3 for a whopping 100$, but has nothing for the SBE 2...maybe it works on both, but they don’t specify that, and I doubt they’d standardize anything from gun to gun.

I can, however, go online and within minutes figure out what I need to mount the venom to a plethora of shotguns from Mossberg to brands I’ve barely heard of let alone seen.

And I said “the last straw.” I shoot that gun lights freaking out, and that is the only reason I didn’t dump it the first year I had it. I have to break it down and clean it between every hunt if I run more than 15-20 shots through it, or it is guaranteed to have ejection/feed failures, and I only shoot new or well taken care of high dollar, premium shells through it. The black gun I have will rust in a New York minute, so I just clean the entire gun after every other or every hunt. That’s fine until I’m in a multi day duck hunt somewhere in the middle of BFE sleeping in my truck.

All that said, it’s the best swinging, deadest ducks shotgun I’ve ever owned by a long shot, so I’ve hesitated to trade it out. Those issues combined with Benelli never claiming to fix the high shooting issues with the SBE3 because they “intentionall made it to shoot high” and the infamous Benelli “click” that has cost me at least 3 longbeards from bumping the bolt against something while scooting thru thick stuff....yes....one more freaking straw.
    Whitewater I will check tonight. I have a Vinci which I know has the same tapping as the SBE2. I now own a SBE3 so I will compare the 2. I do believe it is a standard for all those guns across the board.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-08-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Any thing that has these dimensions will workAttachment 63873

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    (i aint a gun guy....)

But, what does fit have to do with a red dot scoped gun? wouldnt one negate the other?

and remind me which one i'm supposed to like and which one i'm supposed to make fun of. I cant keep em straight. Berretta? Benelli?
    Yes, a reflex sight will alter up how you shoulder and shoot the gun; I’m thinking the spead bead mount that mounts between the guns stock and receiver was designed to align the dot to your vision without affecting how you shoot or shoulder the gun, but from reviews, they aren’t robust enough and the poi wanders horribly due to recoil throwing it off. I want as low profile as possible to maintain as natural a firing position as possible. I will practice snap shooting with it and possibly shoot some clays with it to get used to it, because a lot of shots at turkeys come after they know the jig is up and are moving out. I want the dot for longer shots (out here, if you call a turkey into 50, it’s like calling one to 20 in the woods unless you are using a decoy...which I won’t be using most places, as folks use rifles to kill turkeys here. Anything 40 and beyond, my front bead covers most of the bird, and it’s too easy to just shoot at the bird instead of at it’s head. It ain’t perfect; I may ditch it quickly; I’m determined to at least try it out.

Thanks gor all the info. I’ll call Sumtoy.

A friend just put a sumtoy mount and FF3 on a new shotgun. Slickest mount I’ve seen, agree with nitro. $50 well spent.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

IMHO,

If you are planning to shoot turkeys at 70 yards, you may as well use a rifle. Your chances of wounding the bird are less and recovery chances are higher.

As a rule ( even out west) we try (try) not to shoot turkeys past 40 ( no matter what choke/shell/ sight combo) we have in hand.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    IMHO,

If you are planning to shoot turkeys at 70 yards, you may as well use a rifle. Your chances of wounding the bird are less and recovery chances are higher.

As a rule ( even out west) we try (try) not to shoot turkeys past 40 ( no matter what choke/shell/ sight combo) we have in hand.
    That is certainly in the works.

Just get a set of these and rock on. I've had them on my turkey gun since the 80's.

https://shop.williamsgunsight.com/ec...ger-set-070230