Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One duck boat?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have a 17' HiTide.

It's floated in two oceans. Ran every major river system between Virginia to Florida, fished in 1000' water and jumped a sunken rice trunk. Carried enough dead animals in it to sink 100 times over and seen my family grow from diapers and drink boxes to shaving and sampling adult beverages. I've killed a sea suck slam off the coast, and mallards in the reeds in the same season. To go really skinny it carries a pirogue or two, or three.

She's getting kind of rough but I don't think any other boat would/could have done what she has.
    I have loved my 15' High Tide for me and my oldest, but I'd feel much better taking the kids out if I had THE 1602 or a 17'. They aren't for sale that often but have been looking for a while. Great boat for many reasons.
    Last edited by duckz; 02-14-2021 at 02:33 PM.

As said before, it all depends on where you hunt. Lakes will be different than marsh or swamps. I saw an 18 tunnel kenner that I thought would be a pretty versatile boat for the coast. Would be really neat with the console removed and a tiller added to the motor.

8C7542C9-96A8-4B59-BB59-45332645BFBA.jpg

This 1648 goes from the swamp to tidal water, never had any issues. Then again I never carry more than one person.