Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One duck boat?

Show off...
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

My perfect duck boat is a shovel. So I can dig into a dry corn field to shoot proper mallards far from SC. The idea of shooting ducks around water in no way compares, to me.

I agree that the high tide caps are a horrible design

My current one is a 1648 War Eagle with the duck bill, 6 inch Jack plate and a 60hp 4 stroke Mercury tiller. It’s perfect for what I use it for, a comparable sized Havoc or Edge would be great too. It goes from Sparkleberry to the coast and everywhere in between. There are a few lakes off the river I can’t get into with it and I’ll carry my 1436 with a 25hp.

An 1860 aluminum boat with a 90hp or 115hp tiller. Rear bench seat, high front deck with storage, gun box down the starboard side, and a pirogue rack on the port side. Having a rear deck lid would be nice but only if I can fit a 12gal tank under it. Hydraulic jackplate on the back and a pair of 6ft power poles as well. Duck bill on the front with lights mounted in cages underneath. Outfit it with shark eye bow lights, and the stern light mounted on top of the outboard motor. A pad hull would be really nice but not absolutely necessary as long as there’s a decent keel. Something in the 14 degree range would be as flat as I’d like to go.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Open hull 1860 with a tiller. My boat is now set up for fishing but, I have had tons decoys in this thing and never had an issue hunting open water.
    BA0D8D5C-E033-43A2-BE73-47C3BCC2F588.jpeg
    13BEF41B-CAE8-4150-BBD4-B8A8EC6DB99B.jpeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Someone find me an aluminum cab boat. I'll get cold on the boat ride in my regular old jon boat on the way to hunt, but I want to scout in a heated cabin.
    Find someone to make a removable cab for my war eagle and I’ll bring it out there for scouting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have a 17' HiTide.

It's floated in two oceans. Ran every major river system between Virginia to Florida, fished in 1000' water and jumped a sunken rice trunk. Carried enough dead animals in it to sink 100 times over and seen my family grow from diapers and drink boxes to shaving and sampling adult beverages. I've killed a sea suck slam off the coast, and mallards in the reeds in the same season. To go really skinny it carries a pirogue or two, or three.

She's getting kind of rough but I don't think any other boat would/could have done what she has.
    He ain't lying. He took me damn near to the Flemish Cap in it once

I love my aluminum 1860 CC with it's 70hp 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    I need more pictures of this...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Someone find me an aluminum cab boat. I'll get cold on the boat ride in my regular old jon boat on the way to hunt, but I want to scout in a heated cabin.
    My cousin had one named the African Queen that we used to run the Wateree river when everything froze up. Sitting on top of that cabin as a kid while rolling down the river was quite the adventure as blackduck after blackduck exploded from the willows...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    My cousin had one named the African Queen that we used to run the Wateree river when everything froze up. Sitting on top of that cabin as a kid while rolling down the river was quite the adventure as blackduck after blackduck exploded from the willows...
    Would you shut up with your awesome story's of SC of old!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I bet it would be blessed experience to sit around a fire drinking and listening to some of the stories you have.

Does your cousin want to sell it?

I am not sure it survived the fire out at Longwood when he stored all his duck stuff there after moving from Dewees to Edisto. I will find out...

I am not sure it survived the fire out at Longwood when he stored all his duck stuff there after moving from Dewees to Edisto. I will find out...
    If it's still in existence, I'm interested .... and I'll be in the low country in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 02-11-2021 at 11:20 AM.

I've been looking at the war eagle 754LDSV i'v always liked the side console, I feel like it could function for duck, deer, and turkey and also be taken out with the wife and dogs to drink beer and swim
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC