Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banks feeders

I know y’all are going to laugh at this but, I tried some stuff called donkey corn from Tractor Supply last year. I wish I could find a couple pallets of it now! The deer absolutely tore it up and I had bucks on camera that I had not been seeing at all. Needless to say I bought the only bags they had at the time and have not been able to find it again. Once it was gone, I never saw those bucks again on camera. I went from getting many 2 or 3 different bucks a week on one camera to 5 different bucks in one night. Coincidence? Maybe. But the only thing I did different was put that out and BAM it was like night and day difference. It took them about a week to find it and it does not like getting wet.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    I know y’all are going to laugh at this but, I tried some stuff called donkey corn from Tractor Supply last year. I wish I could find a couple pallets of it now! The deer absolutely tore it up and I had bucks on camera that I had not been seeing at all. Needless to say I bought the only bags they had at the time and have not been able to find it again. Once it was gone, I never saw those bucks again on camera. I went from getting many 2 or 3 different bucks a week on one camera to 5 different bucks in one night. Coincidence? Maybe. But the only thing I did different was put that out and BAM it was like night and day difference. It took them about a week to find it and it does not like getting wet.
    2th will be back in the morning to crush your dreams. Past his bedtime now
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

We put a similar style feeder out a few years ago in August. Deer didn’t touch it until about December. It was weird but they finally started using it. I’d just sprinkle corn on the ground right under it. They will eventually figure it out. I’d say be patient and it will eventually work. Good luck.

This is one of my feeders. I have two…

The does love them! The bucks will use them as well, but pictures always show them in the middle of the night.

Yours will work, keep your patience.

Oh... And watch out for the wasps inside those chute thingies.

DB9885C3-1FC2-489A-8E3A-CD0EC8C97A51.jpg

1DAB4106-9623-414F-B547-F72BCBE59C88.jpg

Anyone have any experience with one of these ?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMPLIFE z71 View Post
    1DAB4106-9623-414F-B547-F72BCBE59C88.jpg

Anyone have any experience with one of these ?
    I build my own that are similar. Problem with them is 40 hens will roll up and mop it up too quick

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    2th will be back in the morning to crush your dreams. Past his bedtime now
    shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

if the bag has a big ass donkey on it, you know it works for buck deer....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    shiiiiiiiiiiiiit

if the bag has a big ass donkey on it, you know it works for buck deer....
    For sure

Finally. Been out since 1st week of January. Only been back in 2 times (to put stove pipe around tree to keep coons out and to check corn)
    15E02567-9B8E-429F-BAF0-E59C27050132.jpg

must be using the donkey kong corn
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Looking to add another protein feeder and want to go ahead and get it started. I like the banks feed bank 300 ok but they go through it pretty quick. I know they make a 600lb version. Thought about just getting one of those. What brands are y'all using?

Texas hunting products

I want to put one or two out at the club but just haven't had time. Might start with the banks feeder first.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Whatever you do make sure you have a metal stove pipe or something you can wrap around the tree or post to keep coons from climbing up

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Whatever you do make sure you have a metal stove pipe or something you can wrap around the tree or post to keep coons from climbing up
    2nd on the stove pipe. You'll probably have a problem with squirrels as well.

You can do all that you want but if it’s close to other trees you can cancel keeping the squirrels off of it. I watched them take turns jumping off a persimmon tree from about 10 ft away, land on the lid and shimmy down the side and eat til they were full. Had custom metal tops made for mine. Little bastards were starting to chew looking for a better access to the gold.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Quote Originally Posted by joshua2 View Post
    You can do all that you want but if it’s close to other trees you can cancel keeping the squirrels off of it. I watched them take turns jumping off a persimmon tree from about 10 ft away, land on the lid and shimmy down the side and eat til they were full. Had custom metal tops made for mine. Little bastards were starting to chew looking for a better access to the gold.
    Ive seen em eat lead pipe boots off of a house.

Is there any concern about deer transmitting diseases to each other with these gravity feeders?

I put up a banks 150 in the edge of a field in June and the deer won’t touch it.
    I also put the stump feeder somewhere else. They did hit it fairly quick but the chutes can get clogged.