Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The case

I unknowingly shipped baits to a relative of his on Monday
    Galatians 2:20
    Clemson '26

Looks to me like he was in his own yard minding his own damn business and has a bitch neighbor that figured out how to make a quick dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by sleytown View Post
    Looks to me like he was in his own yard minding his own damn business and has a bitch neighbor that figured out how to make a quick dollar.
    Yeah, I love it when my neighbors come home at midnight when I have to be at work the next day and are hollering and cussing up a storm for my kids to hear, on top of blowing the horns on their redneck tooted trucks.
    Last edited by wskinner; 02-03-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Yeah the only thing people should be upset about is the prick for a neighbor filming.

Are the labels not a private company? Can they not do whatever they want? Is this not the same argument everyone on here got into when Trump was booted off Twitter?

Morgan’s music sucks.

His neighbor should get Kicked in the dick.

Private companies should be able to do whatever the fuck they want.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 02-03-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Yeah the only thing people should be upset about is the prick for a neighbor filming.
    Very telling to me that more people don’t see it this way.

Regardless of whether or not you like his music. He was drunk, doing and saying stupid shit in the middle of the night on his property and is being crucified because some prick neighbor couldn’t mind his own fucking business.

I’m absolutely certain that none of you critiquing this have ever done anything like that huh?
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

And there’s a simple solution for dealing with neighbors, don’t have any....
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

If it were me the news story tomorrow would be about how my neighbors house burned down.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    If it were me the news story tomorrow would be about how my neighbors house burned down.
    Preach. Fuck that douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Are the labels not a private company? Can they not do whatever they want? Is this not the same argument everyone on here got into when Trump was booted off Twitter?

Morgan’s music sucks.

His neighbor should get Kicked in the dick.

Private companies should be able to do whatever the fuck they want.
    Not a Morgan fan at all....but you totally missed the point others were making. The companies can do whatever they want but watching a double standard sucks and is wrong. He was wrong to say it but you should not fire someone for using a word and have 100 songs under your label that use that word nonstop. The company has the right to fire anyone for using inappropriate language but you shouldn’t pick and choose who gets to use that language to benefit your pocketbook. Just shows you are not really concerned about the “word” as much as you are interested in caving to a cancel culture.

Don’t do stupid shit and you won’t get into scenarios like this. It’s 2021, someone is going to be filming. The dude ought to know better. Clearly he can’t get out of his own way.

Imagine if they had filmed David Allen Coe.
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Morgan Wallen sucks anyway, I hope this means I wont have to listen to his crap on the radio anymore
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    Not a Morgan fan at all....but you totally missed the point others were making. The companies can do whatever they want but watching a double standard sucks and is wrong. He was wrong to say it but you should not fire someone for using a word and have 100 songs under your label that use that word nonstop. The company has the right to fire anyone for using inappropriate language but you shouldn’t pick and choose who gets to use that language to benefit your pocketbook. Just shows you are not really concerned about the “word” as much as you are interested in caving to a cancel culture.

I get that and did not miss the point of what others were saying. It’s a private company, as the owner, I can do what I want when I want....regardless of what others think....like It or not.
    Last edited by Chessbay; 02-03-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    Don’t do stupid shit and you won’t get into scenarios like this. It’s 2021, someone is going to be filming. The dude ought to know better. Clearly he can’t get out of his own way.

Imagine if they had filmed David Allen Coe.
    So it’s ok since “it’s 2021”?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Very telling to me that more people don’t see it this way.

Regardless of whether or not you like his music. He was drunk, doing and saying stupid shit in the middle of the night on his property and is being crucified because some prick neighbor couldn’t mind his own fucking business.

I’m absolutely certain that none of you critiquing this have ever done anything like that huh?
    I guess you’re not a fan of choices having consequences

I get that and did not miss the point of what others were saying. It’s a private company, as the owner, I can do what I want when I want....regardless of what others think....like It or not.
    Actually, no you can’t, without facing legal consequences if a law is broken.
    Last edited by SCSwitchback; 02-03-2021 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    So it’s ok since “it’s 2021”?
    No it’s not ok, it’s actually horse shit. But as an adult he should know that his actions have consequences.
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by sleytown View Post
    I guarantee his neighbor has videoed him hundreds of times trying to get something they could sell. It should be pretty obvious to Wallen neighbor did the filming.

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/m...tbnPPvhaPMIQz4

Morgan Wallen Music Sales Skyrocket Amid Cancellation

For all intents and purposes, Morgan Wallen’s mainstream country music career is over. After being caught on camera using the ‘N’ word on Sunday evening (1-31) outside of his house in Nashville in an exchange with a friend, the country music community quickly distanced from the troubled performer.

Country music’s two major radio station owners—Cumulus and iHeartMedia—pulled all of Morgan Wallen’s music from their rotations, along with many other mid-sized and local radio outlets doing the same. CMT said they will not longer air Morgan Wallen media. The CMA released a statement distancing from Morgan Wallen, and the ACM Awards have declared Wallen ineligible for the upcoming round of 2021 awards. And perhaps most devastating to the 27-year-old, his label Big Loud Records has suspended his recording contract.

However, amid the effort to cancel Morgan Wallen and distance from his music—including many of the major digital music services such as Spotify and iTunes removing him from playlists and recommendations—current sales for his albums and songs are skyrocketing. Stimulated by fans both looking to support the performer, and from fears his music may be pulled off of streaming services entirely, sales of his songs and albums are dominating music.

Right now, four of the five top titles in all of music on the iTunes charts are Morgan Wallen selections. His recent release Dangerous: The Double Album, which was already the #1 album in all of music over the last three weeks, remains in the top spot. But more surprising, his previous album If I Know Me from 2018 is now in the second spot. Even more surprising, sales of a “clean” version of Dangerous: The Double Album are also spiking, bringing it into the 3rd spot, while his 2015 EP Stand Alone is currently in the 5th spot.

On the iTunes songs chart, it’s a similar situation. Morgan Wallen titles account for seven of the Top 10 songs at the time of this post, with #1 being Morgan Wallen’s “More Than My Hometown.” Granted, the iTunes charts are more a snapshot in time than they are a long-view version of sales and interest in titles. But it’s very plausible under the current trajectory that Morgan Wallen will absolutely dominate the all-genre charts when they are published next week, especially with the way sales and downloads are measured heavier that streams.

UPDATE: According to Billboard, sales for Morgan Wallen’s music have increased 339% since the incident, while radio play for him has fallen 71%.

It’s unlikely this torrid sales pace will persist beyond the next few days or, perhaps a week or two. But the fact that fans are purchasing a clean version of his current album to where it’s the 3rd highest-selling album in all of iTunes at the moment means there is something going on much deeper than a fire sale. Before Morgan Wallen was shut out of the mainstream, he was arguably the most popular artist in country, and one of the most popular in all of music. And with the stifling of Wallen’s voice, this is how fans are responding.

What also might be happening here is a musical version of The Streisand Effect, where censoring Morgan Wallen, or making him taboo, or forbidden, or hard to access is having the opposite result, similar to what we saw when Twitter and other big media platforms censored news from The New York Post on Joe Biden’s son Hunter right before the American Presidential election. The censorship resulted in a massive spike in traffic and interest to the outlet directly, specifically due to the effort to suppress it.

What this reaction says about the scruples of the individuals that would use the revelation of Morgan Wallen’s personal behavior to purchase his music is one thing. But it also should perhaps cause a re-evaluation in how we go about dealing with individuals who fall out of favor with societal norms. Often not allowing them to participate only pushes the individuals and their followers further towards fringe ideologies and extremism as they search for communities that will validate their opinions as opposed to refute them, all while not injuring the bottom dollar of the banished individual, but sometimes padding it.

Many Morgan Wallen fans have been pointing out that what he said is commonplace in hip-hop and among black people. Of course with the history of the ‘N’ word and it’s use to systemically demean others along racial lines, there is a reason it has become forbidden for white people to speak it, and not black people. Correcting these false notions is imperative. But you can’t, and won’t reach those people with that reasoning—or any other reasoning about racism—if you banish them from the public discourse. In fact, you’re likely to just codify and further entrench their ideology through this censorship and isolation.

As people are cheering on the cancellation of Morgan Wallen, it’s important to see the bigger picture. You can win the battle, and lose the war. Neither Morgan Wallen, nor his fans are going anywhere. They number in the millions, and will demand their voice be heard. And attempting to stifle it just might result in its amplification, as it has done so many times in similar scenarios, and as it has done so far with the sales for Morgan Wallen music.

I don’t understand why people no matter their skin color want to use that word. When I hear someone use it it lets me know right off the bat they are trashy.