Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The case

Default The case

I think that this one may be the one that decides how a lot of things will go in our future. It certainly has the chance to.

What we have is a mulleted chap called Morgan Waller in Nashville with a record contract that was just suspended.

Why? He said to a friend about another friend "Take care of this pussy assed Nword" in context of they were all drunk and he was going inside and wanted to make sure everyone got where they were supposed to be going.

Someone caught it on video and sold it to TMZ.

His record labels, Big Loud and Republic Records, have suspended his contract.

Republic Records also has artists like Little Wayne, Post Malone, and other rappers under it's umbrella. I am going out on a limb here, but I believe that we will find that the word in question has not only been used by them, it will be found to have been placed on recordings that the company then marketed and profited from.

I hope mullet boy takes this one all the way. Lets get this over legally with one way or the other. Man I would love to have this case...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ent...gy/4368368001/

Hope he saved some of his music money. He gonna need it

Pretty sure it was his neighbor who recorded it and sold it to TMZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He cant get out of his own way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Perfect opportunity to end this double standard bullshit.

I have no problem with a company deciding not to do further business with someone for saying the word. But, they can't turn around and then let the next guy on the roster not only say it, but record and sell it for him.

That dog won't hunt.

Everyone knows if you're white you can't say it. If you are black you can.

If'n i was black, This would be even more offensive to me. It tells me (whether im black, white or green) that society expects less out of black people than it does white people. Why is that? Why should I expect less from a person of a different race? Dumb asses come in all colors.

This dude, whoever he is, is a dumb ass.

this one aint gonna go the way of the dixie chicks......... bank on that

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    this one aint gonna go the way of the dixie chicks......... bank on that
    You right. I'd be surprised if he don't lose it all. Crazy that saying something stupid could do that, but that's the world we live in. I also have zero sympathy for him. If you can't realize the world you live in is extremely PC and you're always being watched/recorded in today's social media/digital world, you either don't care or are stupid.
    Last edited by Remy; 02-03-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Perfect opportunity to end this double standard bullshit.

I have no problem with a company deciding not to do further business with someone for saying the word. But, they can't turn around and then let the next guy on the roster not only say it, but record and sell it for him.

That dog won't hunt.
    They can if the word is racist for one ethnic group to use and not for another. It may be a double standard, but it's an accepted double standard in our society.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    You right. I'd be surprised if he don't lose it all. Crazy that saying something stupid could do that, but that's the world we live in. I also have zero sympathy for him. If you can't realize the world you live in is extremely PC and you're always being watched/recorded in today's social media/digital world, you either don't care or are stupid.
    Thats not what I meant. The dixie chicks pissed off alot of country music fans.......Morgan Wallen didnt. Most of the folks purchasing and enjoying Morgan's music is sick and tired of the PC cancel culture bullshit. He's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    They can if the word is racist for one ethnic group to use and not for another. It may be a double standard, but it's an accepted double standard in our society.
    That doesn't make it legally acceptable no matter who likes it, or doesn't...

The Constitution does not make allowances for one race's preferences over another, in fact, it does just the opposite...

Who the hell is Morgan Wallace?
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Not that I should need to , but just to clarify, I am not arguing that rappers from Compton should be silenced or Rantowles Creek rednecks should be allowed to say racist things with no repercussion.

I am arguing that a Company cannot stop Bill from earning because he said a word while the same Company profits from Al saying the same word on a record that the Company produced.

the LAWYERS will be the ones who really profit from it all.....

Morgan Wallen sucks anyway, I hope this means I wont have to listen to his crap on the radio anymore
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Not that I should need to , but just to clarify, I am not arguing that rappers from Compton should be silenced or Rantowles Creek rednecks should be allowed to say racist things with no repercussion.

I am arguing that a Company cannot stop Bill from earning because he said a word while the same Company profits from Al saying the same word on a record that the Company produced.
    Spot the fuck on.
    cut\'em

I'm not a lawyer, but I would think they would be able to because it is considered hate speech from one race and not the other race. It also depends on how the contract reads. I'm sure it has disclaimers about stuff like this that gives them the right to end the contract.

He may or may not be going anywhere, but it won't be with his current record company.

He's the newest talk of the town on the radio. Heard his name alot lately before this.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I actually have a place about 10 minutes from Sneedville, TN (his hometown) and spend a good bit of time up there. It’s also the hometown of Jimmy Martin, the “King of Bluegrass.” I couldn’t care less what he said but I can guarantee he didn’t grow up in a place where culture, sophistication and solid decision-making are running rampant. And the local folks love him and hate Kenny Chesney so I’m inclined to listen to them when it comes to country singers. And meth.