Thread: Watch what you post online...

Default Watch what you post online...

... because it can come back to bite you in the butt.

This guy may have had a legitimate claim to self defense but his online posts apparently swayed the defense to find him guilty.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...1912ab99&ei=36

Man who killed BLM protester shared racist content, new documents show
    Story by Kelsey Ables • 5h ago
    The Washington Post
    Man who killed BLM protester shared racist content, new documents show

Daniel Perry, the man who killed a Black Lives Matter protester at a rally in Austin in July 2020, regularly shared racist memes and content in private messages and social media posts, including descriptions of killing protesters and minorities, newly unsealed court documents reveal.

Some of Perry’s messages and posts were previously known — including a May 2020 message in which he said he “might have to kill a few people on my way to work,” referring to protesters near his apartment complex. But the new 76-page document includes more evidence, revealing the scope and consistency of the violent content.

The documents, which were shared online by the Houston Chronicle on Thursday, have become public just days after Perry, a 37-year-old Army sergeant and ride-sharing driver, was convicted of murdering 28-year-old Garrett Foster. Shortly after Perry’s conviction, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) said he was seeking an expedited pardon for Perry, citing the state’s “stand your ground” self-defense laws. Travis County District Attorney José Garza called it “deeply troubling.” Perry has not been sentenced yet.

Texas governor wants to pardon man who killed Black Lives Matter protester
    Abbott’s office, Perry’s lawyer and the Travis County District Attorney’s office did not immediately respond to requests for comment late Thursday.

I get where you are trying to advise on this... he will be pardoned or reversed on appeal. He needs a better lawyer. He could be the biggest racist in the world and should still have the ability to protect himself if someone points a gun at him.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Yeah, the FAFO thread comes to mind. My own posts in that thread......