View Poll Results: Will you watch the Super Bowl?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 34.33%
  • No

88 65.67%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you watch?

Didn't know when it was being played but I'm sure I'll watch some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Our old caretaker, Preacher McCullough, did very well for himself trapping coons for the Superbowl. The Eastover crowd would start calling right after Christmas to get on his list...
    It's a for real thing. I swung through Orangeburg last week after a duck hunt and dropped some off at some of my old buddies. They almost got into a fist fight over who was getting what and how many.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

And no, I have no plans to watch or attend a party to watch.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    It's a for real thing. I swung through Orangeburg last week after a duck hunt and dropped some off at some of my old buddies. They almost got into a fist fight over who was getting what and how many.
    Ain’t nobody fighting over a duck. Duck is the nastiest tasting game animal in North America. Raccoon is freaking delicious. Ducks, you can’t give them sumbiches away....
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 02-02-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Gracious.

It’s funny when you get invited to go on a good duck hunt at someone’s impoundment. Everyone offers the guest all the ducks like they are doing him a favor. Don’t nobody want them nasty things! If you can pawn them off on someone else, take advantage. Now when you go rabbit or coon hunting, ain’t nobody pawning off any spoils of the hunt. If you want some meat, you better kill it yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I haven’t watched the game in I don’t know how long. We go to a super bowl party every year where everyone socializes during the game and shuts up during the commercials.
    Things just got a little clearer for me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Im just ready for college baseball
    I can get behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Ain’t nobody fighting over a duck. Duck is the nastiest tasting game animal in North America. Raccoon is freaking delicious. Ducks, you can’t give them sumbiches away....
    You are not cooking them right or you have lost your mind. Not sure which.

It’s funny when you get invited to go on a good duck hunt at someone’s impoundment. Everyone offers the guest all the ducks like they are doing him a favor. Don’t nobody want them nasty things! If you can pawn them off on someone else, take advantage. Now when you go rabbit or coon hunting, ain’t nobody pawning off any spoils of the hunt. If you want some meat, you better kill it yourself!
    I’ll take every damn one of them y’all don’t want. Unlike y’all I know how to cook them.

I will watch the in between wings and beers. Won't be much watching.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Y'all know I bought a cow right? Who has time for tv when there's so much to do with a bottle feeding calf? Priorities, man

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I've got a buddy that would always bbq a couple racoons for the game, he was a pitcher for the 521 Allstars.
    I rode through there for the first time in awhile about a month ago. I remember riding by there back and the day and they would be out there with full uniforms on.

I'll be attending the same Super Bowl party I go to every year. As far as watching the game, It would be cool to see Brady win one with Tampa. I'm just ready for the chicken bog and cold beer Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I rode through there for the first time in awhile about a month ago. I remember riding by there back and the day and they would be out there with full uniforms on.
    I knew some of the Skinner brothers, one pretty well. His son ended up being recruited by a private school. Back when we actually had hogs on our place, I'd drop them off all they wanted.. Those guys could play.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Gracious.
    LOL. Well said.

You must live up in one of the hollers near where I was born and raised, Jethro. LOL. Buddy of mine was a big coon hunter. Swore it was delicious meat. The only catch was the appearance. He said, "You can't just put the whole critter on the table 'cause it looks like you're serving up somebody's fucked up, hump-back poodle dog."

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    You must live up in one of the hollers near where I was born and raised, Jethro. LOL. Buddy of mine was a big coon hunter. Swore it was delicious meat. The only catch was the appearance. He said, "You can't just put the whole critter on the table 'cause it looks like you're serving up somebody's fucked up, hump-back poodle dog."
    Duck tastes like absolute shit! It’s funny how people look down on some of the best tasting game and put duck on a pedestal.

When I was i high school, there was a poor older couple that lived by our hunting property that I would take game and fish to. They would take anything and were very appreciative. They loved deer, hogs, coons, rabbits, squirrels, and any fish. I took them about a 30 pound grass carp one time and they loved it. The first time I took them a mess of ducks, they said “we haven’t ever had them before but we sure are gonna eat them!” The second time I took them a mess of ducks they said, “please don’t get me wrong, we sure appreciate it when you bring us food. We eat it and enjoy it but if you don't mind, we don’t want any more of them ducks!” True story!!!!

I haven't watched any NFL games this year, but I will probably watch the super bowl if I don't have anything else going on. If it gets stupid, i'll cut if off. If its a good game and good commercials, I'll watch it.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly