Thread: Relief

Default Relief

I hear and see a lot of people talking about how relieved they are that duck season is over. If that is the case, I don't think you are doing it right.

Or people are busy and aren't able to push off normal life but so long. Just my 2 cents.

If you are doing it right, the work is just getting started...

Quote Originally Posted by Chasbeau1 View Post
    I hear and see a lot of people talking about how relieved they are that duck season is over. If that is the case, I don't think you are doing it right.
    Those people are weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

If find people are weird in general.... I find those with land that don't allow hunting are even weirder........
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Those people are weird.
    YUP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m totally heart broken it’s gone.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    This right here along with saying our prayers that we don't get hit with hurricanes again. Dang it we took a beating this year in La.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I’m obviously doing it all wrong. The most work I’ll do in regards to duck hunting is trying to find 5 cases of shells by Oct15.
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Sorry to see it go but excited about some new opportunities for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I’m obviously doing it all wrong. The most work I’ll do in regards to duck hunting is trying to find 5 cases of shells by Oct15.
    You mean you are not discing land, planting corn and then flooding it????? You are doing it wrong
    cut\'em

Or painting decoys, or scouting new areas, or working on permissions, or all of the many other things that make hunting ducks more than just pulling a trigger...

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    You mean you are not discing land, planting corn and then flooding it????? You are doing it wrong
    I wish. It’s tough looking at a tide book then determining where water will be knee deep at low or high tide.
    Sometimes I walk up to 400 yds to the log I hide behind. Wish all logs were within 10’ of a channel where I can get my boat.
    Arduous enough without going into season already wore out.

I know so many people who stated that they were glad it's over. After the hunt Sunday morning I didn't know what to do with myself. Those 60 days are and always will be the best no matter how many ducks fall