Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: D Watson traded to Patriots

I liked Watson, Lawrence, a lot of players from Clemson and everywhere really. Until they start acting like entitled children
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Ok? You basically just went into detail on what I said exactly. When deshaun has the success that Manning and Brady and the likes have he can give me some input....until then go have a losing record elsewhere
    The owner should not have made that commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Did DeQuan ever get the name Clemson changed bc of how racist it is?
    I think I remember hearing they were changing it to BLMson but dont recall where I heard that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i get you hate clemson but why waste your time continuing to hate clemson grads? makes no sense. deshaun is one of the few (IMO) you can root for.
    No, you don't get it. He's in the entertainment business. He has an agent and signing 150 million dollar contracts.

If he wanted to make administrative decisions and hiring decisions, he should have put it in his contract. …..or do like Michael Jordan and buy a team.

I enjoy/enjoyed watching him. You can keep making excuses for him, but that doesn't change the fact that his attitude sucks.....and it will hold him back from achieving his real goals.

I haven't followed him since he left Climp5in,
    well, just because I don't watch much NFL and secondly because I care as much about his career
    as he does for mine or any of yours' but it sounds like he must have won a lot of Super Bowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    No, you don't get it. He's in the entertainment business. He has an agent and signing 150 million dollar contracts.

If he wanted to make administrative decisions and hiring decisions, he should have put it in his contract. …..or do like Michael Jordan and buy a team.

I enjoy/enjoyed watching him. You can keep making excuses for him, but that doesn't change the fact that his attitude sucks.....and it will hold him back from achieving his real goals.
    but he wore orange

No staying in Houston will prevent him from his goals. Football is a team sport and a QB is only as good as his supporting cast. Houston doesn’t have a supporting cast.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-02-2021 at 11:33 AM.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dented-season/

"Only four quarterbacks in NFL history have finished a season with more than 4,500 passing yards, more than 30 touchdowns, fewer than 10 interceptions and an average of more than 8.5 yards per pass. Those quarterbacks were:

Peyton Manning in 2004, when the Colts went 12-4.

Aaron Rodgers in 2011, when the Packers went 15-1.

Matt Ryan in 2016, when the Falcons went 11-5.

And Deshaun Watson in 2020, when the Texans went 4-12.

Watson’s performance this season was unprecedented, because ordinarily when a quarterback is playing at an MVP level, his team is winning. Watson had his great season on one of the worst teams in the NFL.

The Texans lost eight games this season in which Deshaun Watson threw 25 or more passes and had a passer rating over 100. Never before in NFL history had a quarterback lost more than five such games in a season.

It’s hard to be as bad as the Texans are when your quarterback is playing as well as Watson is, but the Texans found a way. Unfortunately for Watson, the Texans are in bad salary cap shape and don’t have a first-round pick or a second-round pick next season. It’s going to be hard for Houston to get better. Watson is doing all he can."

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dented-season/

"Only four quarterbacks in NFL history have finished a season with more than 4,500 passing yards, more than 30 touchdowns, fewer than 10 interceptions and an average of more than 8.5 yards per pass. Those quarterbacks were:

Peyton Manning in 2004, when the Colts went 12-4.

Aaron Rodgers in 2011, when the Packers went 15-1.

Matt Ryan in 2016, when the Falcons went 11-5.

And Deshaun Watson in 2020, when the Texans went 4-12.

Watson’s performance this season was unprecedented, because ordinarily when a quarterback is playing at an MVP level, his team is winning. Watson had his great season on one of the worst teams in the NFL.

The Texans lost eight games this season in which Deshaun Watson threw 25 or more passes and had a passer rating over 100. Never before in NFL history had a quarterback lost more than five such games in a season.

It’s hard to be as bad as the Texans are when your quarterback is playing as well as Watson is, but the Texans found a way. Unfortunately for Watson, the Texans are in bad salary cap shape and don’t have a first-round pick or a second-round pick next season. It’s going to be hard for Houston to get better. Watson is doing all he can."
    Not saying Watson isn't great, but that stat is why numbers can say what you want them to. They just kept adding things to try to get to an elite list. You could make those numbers say whatever. Move the number to 12 interceptions and adds people, blah blah.

They were outrushed by opponents by more than 1,100 yards and were -9 in turnovers. Their average possession was five minutes less than opponents, also.

https://www.houstontexans.com/team/stats/

If he were from South Carolina y'all would trash him, Only difference is I would also. That being said I'm not blind. I would venture to say some of you would share your wife with him
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 02-02-2021 at 12:23 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

no it wont
    and it was in his contract. he had a no trade clause. it puts him in control.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

5 pages about some doofus who doesn't even know you people exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    5 pages about some doofus who doesn't even know you people exist.
    I tried a Salma Stopper back on 3, but it was ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I tried a Salma Stopper back on 3, but it was ineffective.
    Only post worth "reading" by far.

Ever wonder why professional athletes and entertainers act like their opinions matter? Here's 5 pages worth of reading that explains their over inflated sense of self worth.

I liked Watson, Lawrence, a lot of players from Clemson and everywhere really. Until they start acting like entitled children
    I trash him now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    I trash him now.
    and I commend you for being a "stand up guy"
    They pissed in your kool aid and apparently you haven't drank it since

I would venture to say some of you would share your wife with him
    Wife? WTF you talkin bout Willis? These fools would fight their wives to have a moment of passion with DW or Dabozo
    Last edited by ecu1984; 02-02-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    and I commend you for being a "stand up guy"
    They pissed in your kool aid and apparently you haven't drank it since
    All sports for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    All sports for the most part.
    I understand completely