Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: D Watson traded to Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by mudnut1970 View Post
    I think he beat Carolina on one leg.
    Haha!

Tater tots can’t take anyone talking negative about their queen.....truth is I like the guy but I’ll be damned if it isn’t a very bad look for him to be getting all woke only after signing a 150mil contract.

Texans are saying they won’t trade him........kinda funny

Read the sports illustrated article and you’ll see Watson was lied to by the owner. Owner also hired a “character coach” (whatever that is) who has divided the whole team over the last year. Same character coach was allegedly going to be demoted then 2 days later the character coach’s buddy is hired as new head coach. Character coach is also the guy who got Hopkins traded to the Cardinals for a washed up RB and a couple of draft picks. Watson is pissed because he was lied to and his relationship with the owner is now destroyed. So, he’s ready to move on.

The boss spills you a line, he fails to come through, now the employees decision. It is not difficult to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Dado and Watson left wounds that will never heal in Columbia.
    Funny, you could say the same about Connor, Steph, Alshon, and Mr. Clown's impact on Tate Nation. Just ask Taj.

"stand up guy"
    You serious Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Funny, you could say the same about Connor, Steph, Alshon, and Mr. Clown's impact on Tate Nation. Just ask Taj.
    Funny how winning 2 national championships has a way of making you forget that even happened.

I wouldn't want him. Too much "me" mentality. Now if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning wanted to tell me who I should hire then I'd listen. Not someone who is 29-35
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Typical Union employee.

Thinks they could be the CEO but couldn’t run the lunch counter.

But that mouth. If you could harness that power it would power every Tesla in the world.

Owner inherited the team and is doing his best to run it in the ground. How's that for making it on your own merits. Watson got to where he is because there are only a handful of people with his talent right now.

I can run the Texans as well as the current CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    Read the sports illustrated article and you’ll see Watson was lied to by the owner. Owner also hired a “character coach” (whatever that is) who has divided the whole team over the last year. Same character coach was allegedly going to be demoted then 2 days later the character coach’s buddy is hired as new head coach. Character coach is also the guy who got Hopkins traded to the Cardinals for a washed up RB and a couple of draft picks. Watson is pissed because he was lied to and his relationship with the owner is now destroyed. So, he’s ready to move on.
    This
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I wouldn't want him. Too much "me" mentality. Now if Tom Brady or Peyton Manning wanted to tell me who I should hire then I'd listen. Not someone who is 29-35
    Because they are older, or because they are white?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Because they are older, or because they are white?
    That's a really poor attempt. I think he specified in the last sentence, because they win/won much more than the lose/lost in the league.

Spoiled, entitled, never been told no. Those are all the things that come to mind when I hear this story. Everyone in here would be singing the same tune if the QB in question came from Ohio State. But since he hailed from tater town the rules don't apply. At the end of the day you signed a CONTRACT for me to pay you $160,000,000, shut up and dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    I had a terrible boss for almost twenty years. Narcissistic bully, liar, backstabber. Just a terrible person. But it was a good paying job with good benefits, so I went to work every day. He finally retired and I am glad I didn’t walk away.
    Watson signed the contract, he needs to work out the terms of the contract, then leave if he wants to. This look is terrible.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I had a terrible boss for almost twenty years. Narcissistic bully, liar, backstabber. Just a terrible person. But it was a good paying job with good benefits, so I went to work every day. He finally retired and I am glad I didn’t walk away.
    Watson signed the contract, he needs to work out the terms of the contract, then leave if he wants to. This look is terrible.
    So you were miserable for 20 years. Not slamming you but if you could have forced said boss to trade you to another company for the same pay and a better work environment you likely would have done so. Most of us just don’t have that leverage - he does. I agree that players can’t run the team but this situation was caused by the owner not by Watson. Watson specifically said the team needs a coach who can lead and they can fall in line behind him.

I agree the “look is bad” but if you read the facts it changes the perspective somewhat. I think he signed the contract with promises that were not kept. I’m not feeling too sorry for him cause he’s making a ton of money. Just presenting “facts” from the article. Two sides to every story.

agreed. I'd wager most that say "this looks bad and is your typical rich NFL QB who thinks his shit dont stink" dont know a dang thing about the backstory.

Its ok. Deshaun does not give a shit what people on scducks think.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    No you cannot, but it is okay.

Thanks for the reply, Willy. Have a great day!

The scenario you just spelled out and that of a pro football player are two different things. They get traded and ask for trades all the time. This is nothing new. Also most don’t feel the optics are bad in the league. Their are several teams trying to put together trade packages to get him. He and his agents know what they are doing. Watson has most of the power in this situation, you had little to none.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-02-2021 at 07:39 AM.