Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D Watson traded to Patriots

Default D Watson traded to Patriots

Being reported Deshaun Watson was traded to the Patriots

Did a search couldn’t find anything, you got a source in that info?

Charlotte or Atlanta would have been nice for local fans.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    One of those trade things that popped up on my phone

Mentioned Stephon Gilmore was one of those involved in the trade with some draft picks

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    Charlotte or Atlanta would have been nice for local fans.
    Kind of what I was hoping for or Miami
    Last edited by tprice; 01-31-2021 at 04:14 PM.

I'll wait till we get some solid sources. Don't really care about NFL but I'll always track DW4s career and will be interested to see where he lands.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

No trade at this time. Texans have named their price though and it’s steep to say the least. 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, and 2 young defensive starters. At the end of the day he has to agree. I say it’s New York or Miami or nothing at all. But I will probably be wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....014418649.html

Source for the price.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 02-01-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Reminds me of what the Cowboys got for Herschel from the Vikings in '89.

Its also being reported that they are giving him 25% ownership in the team and a office in the Human Recourses where he can hire and fire who he wants.

www.nowayinhell.com

its also being reported he is a stand up guy that got dicked by the Houston ownership and is worth millions of dollars bc of his talent on the football field.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Part of me gets it. If you hate working at McDonald’s you are free to quit and go apply at Wendy’s. But, the GM needs to be able to generally manage the way he sees fit without worry of blowback from his quarterback. A QB is just a link in the chain. I hope he has either A) we’re not trading you so no need to dump your season tickets to the astros or B) you are free to walk away but your paycheck will be stopped thereafter.

A hard dose of reality would serve some of these pro sports players well.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    ....the GM needs to be able to generally manage the way he sees fit without worry of blowback from his quarterback.
    You mean like making promises to your best/franchise player and then not holding your end of the deal?

That's just the tip of the iceberg on Texans ownership screwing him in just about every way possible.

Apparently the way Texans ownership 'saw fit' sucked donkey balls.

Last edited by willyworm; 02-01-2021 at 01:24 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Did he have problems with the management last year, before he signed the 150 mil contract?

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Its also being reported that they are giving him 25% ownership in the team and a office in the Human Recourses where he can hire and fire who he wants.

www.nowayinhell.com
    He never wanted to make the hire. That is not the problem. He was told he would be kept in the loop and that didn’t happen. I would have a problem with my employer telling me one thing and then not following though. But if you think this is all over the head coach hire you haven’t been paying attention.

Stand up guys don't ask for trades.

We've all seen disgruntled employees in our lives, folks with a beef with ownership/management. They're a real joy to serve with and they're convinced they'll be so much better off at their next job. It seldom happens that way.

He never wanted to make the hire. That is not the problem. He was told he would be kept in the loop and that didn’t happen. I would have a problem with my employer telling me one thing and then not following though. But if you think this is all over the head coach hire you haven’t been paying attention.
    My employer could lie to me every day if they paid me $25 million a year. At the end of the day, if you're not the owner, you don't get to make the calls. I wish professional athletes would catch on to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    My employer could lie to me every day if they paid me $25 million a year. At the end of the day, if you're not the owner, you don't get to make the calls. I wish professional athletes would catch on to that.
    Then do something where you are in demand to the point that someone is willing to pay you $25 million.

The owner now gets to make the call as to whether he pays an unhappy employee $25 million to do the minimum required of the job, or whether he will trade him and get something of value in return. That is his call to make.

I think Deshaun Watson has plenty figured out
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Irma Gur! Irts Der Shurnnnnnn!

You women kill me.

I’ll take “who gives a rats ass?” For $1000 Alex.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Then do something where you are in demand to the point that someone is willing to pay you $25 million.

The owner now gets to make the call as to whether he pays an unhappy employee $25 million to do the minimum required of the job, or whether he will trade him and get something of value in return. That is his call to make.

I think Deshaun Watson has plenty figured out
    Defend him all you want. We all know he is acting the same as that whiny co-worker we all have that complains about management every day. They may be right, but it don't make them fun to be around. I'll never be in demand to make that kind of money and I'm OK with that. I'm grateful for what I have.

I'll add that I think they should make whatever they can get paid. If they can get paid $100 million a year I think that's awesome. I just don't want to hear you complain about not being treated fairly, whining, etc.
    Last edited by Remy; 02-01-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Apples to oranges.

Comparing your job/employer to being the Texans QB/the NFL don't even make sense.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]