Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Briar overalls

Default Briar overalls

I want a pair for general woods walking. Mule brand, Dans, wick knockoffs? Dans makes like 5 diff pairs. Want to put over jeans, uninsulated. Leaning toward these https://danshuntinggear.com/bibs-cordura-classic.html. Im guessing they are the same as the snakeproof froglegs that i already have. Thoughts suggestions, do they run small/big etc. Any place local to midlands that sells em
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

The dog food center in orangeburg sells Dan's briar apparell.

Check Tyler bros in Wagner.

Godwin's carries them and I think you can order online.

Good deal. Dog food center in sumter carried em but they closed down
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Dan's have never fit me correctly. I like Nitelite brand. Been very happy with them.

I have those cordura bibs you posted the link to, I went a size smaller in the length and fit the waist measurement to my beer gut. They fit fine over jeans and a sweatshirt.

I’ve never owned a pair of the Filson tin overalls, but I’ve used the chaps and other items a good bit. I’d probably consider those if I was in the market.

My son has Dan’s, work fine for him, but he’s not busting heavy brush.

Default Briar overalls

Nobody has ever regretted buying Filson
    Last edited by trkykilr; 01-31-2021 at 02:04 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I’ve never owned a pair of the Filson tin overalls, but I’ve used the chaps and other items a good bit. I’d probably consider those if I was in the market.

My son has Dan’s, work fine for him, but he’s not busting heavy brush.
    That's what I have. Hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Nobody has ever regretted buying Filson
    I cruised timber with a guy that had a pair of dans chaps. I asked him why he didnt wear the filson ones. He said he wore a pair of them out they didnt last as long as the dans in the heavy briars.

I usually get about 2-3 years with Dan's before they start getting stringy. That's using them about every weekend from august till February In heavy briars. There not made as good as Wicks were made but there pretty damn good for the price.

I have a pair of Dan's High-N-Dry bibs that I wear over my waders to prolong their life. 70 or so hunts in without showing any wear, granted I try to not bust brush if I don't have to. Pretty lightweight, dry fast.

Mule comfort tuff

Find a pair of wicks!

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I have a pair of Dan's High-N-Dry bibs that I wear over my waders to prolong their life. 70 or so hunts in without showing any wear, granted I try to not bust brush if I don't have to. Pretty lightweight, dry fast.
    I did the same with a pair of carhartts until i got fat and couldnt wear em anymore

Filson bibs are hi dolla..anyone have a pair that actually wears them on a regular basis in heavy briars?
    Last edited by Duck Nitz; 01-31-2021 at 05:24 PM.
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Nitz View Post
    Filson bibs are hi dolla..anyone have a pair that actually wears them on a regular basis in heavy briars?
    A guy that hunted with me years ago had a pair. He loved them ones weather got cooler. They held up to the briars very well

Thanks...they wont be worth a damn in South Carolina until January..lol
    At least I'm housebroken.

I have a pair of McCalister waxed bibs I’ve worn for years rabbit hunting and they still look great. My guess would be you can NOT wear them out, but damn them things are heavy.