Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waders on sale

Default Waders on sale

Old pair went to trash can when I got home today.

Do waders generally go on sale when the season ends?
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Drake just listed their neoprene 25% off. I picked up a pair of Rogers breathables a couple weeks ago $100 off.
    Go Tigers!!!

Roger's breathables are made by Frogg Togg. And FT has had some of their models of waders on closeout for some time now. I've really enjoyed my Refuge 2.0s this season.

Once you decide on what model you want shop around. Most sites will likely start clearance sales soon now with seasons closing everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I was planning on going the Rogers breathable route. Do you have the 2-in-1 model? And if so how often do you find yourself using the insulation insert?
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I was planning on going the Rogers breathable route. Do you have the 2-in-1 model? And if so how often do you find yourself using the insulation insert?
    Yes. Mine have zip out insulation. Granted I only wore them 5-6 times. I never took it out. I bought the slim version Rogers. I’m 6’3 and 190. They fit like a glove.

I tried on the drakes with tear away liner. They suck honestly.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Yes. Mine have zip out insulation. Granted I only wore them 5-6 times. I never took it out. I bought the slim version Rogers. I’m 6’3 and 190. They fit like a glove.

I tried on the drakes with tear away liner. They suck honestly.
    I was wondering about the slim fit. Are they slim like the old cabelas basic neoprene?
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Im 5' 6-1/4" tall with a narrow ass. I bought the drake, short n slim version of their latest and greatest guardian elite. I could fit 6 of me in them. fuck waders.
    I then bought a frogg togg big Jr. kids wader and they fit like a glove. No mention of them being a kids wader on the labeling, which is awesome. They just fit me and i can now not kill ducks in supreme comfort.
    \"Go to Know\"

fuck a pair of waders. I'm not buying another pair of those stupid things ever again.
    (until you tell me where to get them on sale and i'm buying three pairs and will take them all with me when I hunt bc wader quality sucks ass and i'm not buying no $500 banded pieces of shit to try to be cool have I mentioned I hate waders those leaky fucking waste of money)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    Im 5' 6-1/4" tall with a narrow ass. I bought the drake, short n slim version of their latest and greatest guardian elite. I could fit 6 of me in them. fuck waders.
    I then bought a frogg togg big Jr. kids wader and they fit like a glove. No mention of them being a kids wader on the labeling, which is awesome. They just fit me and i can now not kill ducks in supreme comfort.
    yeah....connor cant wear any more of your shit so you're dead to me....

$500 ??? Shieeeeeeetttt , there are some $1000 models out there now...

I still wear hip boots most of the time. Try not to go over the tops. My Grandpa said it best over 50 years ago. "It's Waterfowling. You may get cold , and wet. " He was right.
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 02-01-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    fuck a pair of waders. I'm not buying another pair of those stupid things ever again.
    (until you tell me where to get them on sale and i'm buying three pairs and will take them all with me when I hunt bc wader quality sucks ass and i'm not buying no $500 banded pieces of shit to try to be cool have I mentioned I hate waders those leaky fucking waste of money)
    I'm still wearing some waist high waders that have lace up boots for almost 10 years...

Anyone who's hunted with me, knows I am rooooooooooough on shit and I cant believe they're still holding together.

Cabelas model. Bought before Ass Pro bought them.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I heard that Rogers are on sale right now. I know nothing about them just that they are on sale.

Ahh yes....the annual trashing of the waders. Cant find a pair that make it 2 full seasons.

I still have my old ass set of canvas waders 2th.

3 seasons in with Rogers breathable, most comfortable pair of waders I’ve ever owned. Hope to get another couple seasons out of them.

Insulation is nice, but I have used it only couple times just hasn’t been cold enough to need it in Mississippi or SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Me too, except I kill ducks.

I'm right with ya at 5'7". The Refuge 2.0 junior was best fit I found. Same wader as the full size Refuge, just at half the cost and a good 7" or so off the inseam. I hate to admit this but I found em cheapest at Walmart (like $100 cheaper than anywhere else) and had em shipped to the house for free. I hate Walmart as much as 2th, but even I'm not that dumb.

The Grand Prairie is Frogg Toggs' uninsulated breathable, they along with many other models, are on clearance on their website now. The Grand Refuge is the one with the zip-out liner and worth the extra money in my opinion. Go to hunt out of state you never know what you'll run into. Honestly, I found leaving the liner in was easiest. If it's warmish I'd simply shed my usual base layer on my lower half and just wear my fleece wader pants. Was the liner necessary in SC? Not really, but helped when it did actually get cold, by our own standard.

This past saturday morning when the air temp was high 20s I was comfortable, just added my base layer back to the mix, and did my usual layering from the waist up.

Refuge 2.0 has 1200g thinsulate. One decent pair of socks and even on the coldest mornings my feet never got cold.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Hey well at least we have the waiter thing in common. I’m gonna work hard on the duck killing part. I hear that the Sparkleberry swamp is loaded with Woodys. Me and my 3 1/2 will be ready next year

\"Go to Know\"

Hey well at least we have the waiter thing in common. I’m gonna work hard on the duck killing part. I hear that the Sparkleberry swamp is loaded with Woodys. Me and my 3 1/2 will be ready next year

you wouldnt be able to see over the gunnels

Too bad all they got is size 9's. Frogg Togg hip boots for $25...

https://www.froggtoggs.com/bogg-togg-2-ply-hip-boot
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!