Thread: Winter additives

Default Winter additives

The past month its been tough to get out much and with work it seems that next month I might not be out as much as I'd like. I am not winterizing the boat by any means, but is there any specific product that anyone would personally recommend using during these months when I am not out every week.

I probably have only put 6 gallons in over the past month or two. Every other week I do hook it up to the hose and run it for a little while, and I only use ethanol free gas but I thought maybe there was something I could use like a Seafoam or gas treatment. It is a 2stroke with a separate fuel/water separator if that means anything.

Sta-bil marine 360 and a shot of seafoam.

Ok thanks, ill check it out.
    Anyone actually use the Mercury Quickstor ? Might be nice to keep the "recommended" mercury brand additive. maybe not

Yamalube fuel stabilizer and conditioner
    Last edited by Grebe; 01-30-2021 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Sta-bil marine 360 and a shot of seafoam.
    I got the 360, put it in and probably used 6 gallons since just out on the waterway. I was getting a little sputter when going through a no-wake zone I it started to idle funny. I put non-ethenol in with the 360, fresh gas. Might just be burning off some old gunk from before i added new gas.

Anyhow, I wanted to see about putting in some "cleaner" just in case I had some winter gunk build up. I found either Quicksilver Quickleen or Quickcare. I cant seem to google much difference here, everyone has an opinion on whether it works or not , but since I already use 360, which would be better to go with it ? Quickcare says it helps with seperation in ethenol, but since I dont use ethenol I believe the quickleen is what I need ?

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...are/quickleen/

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...care/quickare/

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    I got the 360, put it in and probably used 6 gallons since just out on the waterway. I was getting a little sputter when going through a no-wake zone I it started to idle funny. I put non-ethenol in with the 360, fresh gas. Might just be burning off some old gunk from before i added new gas.

Anyhow, I wanted to see about putting in some "cleaner" just in case I had some winter gunk build up. I found either Quicksilver Quickleen or Quickcare. I cant seem to google much difference here, everyone has an opinion on whether it works or not , but since I already use 360, which would be better to go with it ? Quickcare says it helps with seperation in ethenol, but since I dont use ethenol I believe the quickleen is what I need ?

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...are/quickleen/

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...care/quickare/
    I’m not familiar enough with either product to make a recommendation I’m sure someone else on here has and will chime in. I use seafoam in mine and has always done a good job for me.

fuel stabilizer
    Then run it on hose to get it up to your carbs or your tank is treated but the fuel in the carb bowl isn't