Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Say It Ain't So?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    It’s hard to argue that SOS. It has ZERO to do with South Carolina For me .... I don’t really understand why CU fans get all pissy about it and start talking about how much USC sucks right now. They do no doubt. But your schedule has only two teams with winning records from the prior season, why pop off? My thoughts are that’s why Dabo always has the chip on his shoulder and the “I AM good enough attitude”. Or it could be his Napoleon complex dating all the way back to his experience as a walk on and having to constantly prove himself. I don’t really know nor care. It is what it is. Clemson is really really good but does NOT have the success they’ve enjoyed over last 5 years if they don’t play perennially weak ass schedule. Again not a comparison to USC just a fact that I’ll never be convinced of something else otherwise. Y’all talk shit about USC some more now so you’ll feel better....
    Questions?

It’s hard to argue that SOS. It has ZERO to do with South Carolina For me .... I don’t really understand why CU fans get all pissy about it and start talking about how much USC sucks right now. They do no doubt. But your schedule has only two teams with winning records from the prior season, why pop off? My thoughts are that’s why Dabo always has the chip on his shoulder and the “I AM good enough attitude”. Or it could be his Napoleon complex dating all the way back to his experience as a walk on and having to constantly prove himself. I don’t really know nor care. It is what it is. Clemson is really really good but does NOT have the success they’ve enjoyed over last 5 years if they don’t play perennially weak ass schedule. Again not a comparison to USC just a fact that I’ll never be convinced of something else otherwise. Y’all talk shit about USC some more now so you’ll feel better....
    Outside of the UGA game (kudos to both schools for being willing to schedule that) that schedule sucks. It’s boring. It damn sure doesn’t make me want to drive up to Clemson for a game. Whatever will I do with all of that free time?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Clemson opens the season in the national spotlight, on the biggest stage, in a neutral site matchup on kickoff classic weekend.

USC hosts eastern Illinois in what will undoubtedly be a noon game that will be on AM broadcast only.

It must sting...

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Outside of the UGA game (kudos to both schools for being willing to schedule that) that schedule sucks. It’s boring. It damn sure doesn’t make me want to drive up to Clemson for a game. Whatever will I do with all of that free time?
    It's brilliant for Clemson. If they lose, it will be forgotten about come playoff selection time.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Braves gonna sign Ozuna or nah??
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Shit no! AA is going to sit on his ass and get no protection for Freddie all because he is looking for a bargain. Joc left the market this morning going to the Cubs
    He will cheap out and they will be a 1st-2nd round exit. Same story, different year.

Hell we ain’t got the best record on Friday Nights and that Orangdome is like Thunderdome for the Tigers

Off week prior to this as well

That is why you line up and play.

I don’t really understand why CU fans get all pissy about it and start talking about how much USC sucks right now. They do no doubt. But your schedule has only two teams with winning records from the prior season, why pop off?
    My thoughts are USuC faithful should bite their collective lips before casting virtual or verbal stones over something out of Clemson's control, like y'all expect Clemson to do something about it. *see more on this topic below

I'll preface my further thought by first saying this: as I type this, I'm calm. Breathing deeply and looking forward to my watching my church service, lunch with my family and the workout I'm gonna kill this afternoon. I'm not yelling, but yes this subject matter bothers me, cause the Clemson program, in my mind, is helpless in the matter.

It tires me when I continue to hear the whole "you don't play anyone argument". Again, because what action do you expect on Clemson's part to address this? Seriously, what do we do?

Quote Originally Posted by wfeasterling View Post
    YoU gUyS dOnT pLaY aNyOnE.

*Schedules OOC neutral site game against the SEC East favorite and pre-season top-5 opponent.

YoU OnLy pLaY oNe GoOd tEaM.
    To you two, and all the others that cast those stones at Clemson for their SoS, let's have some dialogue about this subject matter.

What is the solution? It's obviously a problem. But what action can Clemson take to address it?

Change conferences? I'd love to shut y'all up by joining the SEC and kicking all their asses up and down the East then still make the playoffs consistently. Cause to think that wouldn't occur is opinion (just the way its my opinion that Clemson would do just fine mopping up in the SEC Least), and theory, future telling and holds not a drop of water. But alas, the SEC made it clear that they don't want Clemson as there's no TV market to add and frankly no more room for expansion. They're full! I get it.

Next option... Make the other teams in the ACC better? Again, what can Clemson do about that?

Schedule better (ranked) OOC opponents? Yeah, cause so many good football programs are lining up to take a OOC loss to Clemson when they're trying to get to the Playoffs themselves, so aside from the GA match-up, do we add Tennessee? Vanda? They certainly don't need the money as they already have all that "SEC money" coming in stemming from Bama's success.

So what's the solution? What is Clemson to do? I'm all ears.

I'll hang up and listen to the useful insight and proposed solutions from the brain trust.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-31-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    My thoughts are USuC faithful should bite their collective lips before casting virtual or verbal stones over something out of Clemson's control, like y'all expect Clemson to do something about it. *see more on this topic below

I'll preface my further thought by first saying this: as I type this, I'm calm. Breathing deeply and looking forward to my watching my church service, lunch with my family and the workout I'm gonna kill this afternoon. I'm not yelling, but yes this subject matter bothers me, cause the Clemson program, in my mind, is helpless in the matter.

It tires me when I continue to hear the whole "you don't play anyone argument". Again, because what action do you expect on Clemson's part to address this? Seriously, what do we do?

To you two, and all the others that cast those stones at Clemson for their SoS, let's have some dialogue about this subject matter.

What is the solution? It's obviously a problem. But what action can Clemson take to address it?

Change conferences? I'd love to shut y'all up by joining the SEC and kicking all their asses up and down the East then still make the playoffs consistently. Cause to think that wouldn't occur if opinion, and theory, future telling and holds not a drop of water. But alas, the SEC made it clear that they don't want Clemson as there's no TV market to add and frankly no more room for expansion. They're full! I get it.

Next option... Make the other teams in the ACC better? Again, what can Clemson do about that?

Schedule better (ranked) OOC opponents? Yeah, cause so many good football programs are lining up to take a OOC loss to Clemson when they're trying to get to the Playoffs themselves, so aside from the GA match-up, do we add Tennessee? Vanda? They certainly don't need the money as they already have all that "SEC money" coming in stemming from Bama's success.

So what's the solution? What is Clemson to do? I'm all ears.

I'll hang up and listen to the useful insight and proposed solutions from the brain trust.
    ECU, I am not too far from you if you need an extra flying gaff...

I took the bait, I know...

But seriously, y'all gimme something to work with here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I thought it would be good for 3 or 4 pages, there is still hope.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

And yet no one seems to offer a competent reply, cause they know it's just silly and the stance has no merit. They'd just assume continue slinging poo.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    And yet no one seems to offer a competent reply, cause they know it's just silly and the stance has no merit. They'd just assume continue slinging poo.

That's because you're making a rebuttal to an argument no one has made. No one has said it's Clemson's fault that their schedule sucks. Everyone has said Clemson's schedule sucks because it does. Clemson's 1st and 14th game will be interesting, the rest won't be.

Then why continue to sling that same pile of poo?

That's my point. Clemson can't do anything about it, so why even bother?

I'll answer... just to continue flinging poo.

Guess I'll just continue laughing at the sad little monkies.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clemson’s schedule just really makes the shit talk more fun. Hell no they don’t play anyone. I hope it stays that way. It burns the coot fans collective asses, and with their team they know they never will help with SOS.
    It drives them crazy. Lol. The only thing they have is coattails and getting their rival all jacked up.
    Jealousy, projection, and mediocre football history is all they have to distract them from the flaming pile of shit RT and the board have built. It’s hilarious.

Saying Climp5in can’t do anything about their schedule year
    year after year after year is what has no merit.
    I am quite sure Dabozo, the AD and BOT love it.
    and anyone else that may or may not get bonused.

But it does allow the coaches’ one star kids
    to play and flex their entitlement.
    So at least you have that

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Saying Climp5in can’t do anything about their schedule year
    year after year after year is what has no merit.
    I am quite sure Dabozo, the AD and BOT love it.
    and anyone else that may or may not get bonused.
    What should Clemson do about it?

Probably dump the yearly game with the coots and reschedule Vandy yearly.

I believe Clemson has proven that they will play anyone anytime. They are sacrificing a home game to play Georgia this year. That’s a lot of money to give up.

But the moral of this whole thread is:

Clemson’s opponents suck.

Your team is on the schedule. They suck.

“Be the change you want to see in the world” ~ not Ghandi
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud