Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masks after immunity

Default Masks after immunity

Reports indicate that approximately half of the population will accost me in a store if I venture out with immunity but no mask.

FWIW, you will all use google...after saying google is the devil.
    "Common sense" is not allowed to be used here. Science is.

Discuss
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Well I hear 3 mask is the way to go...
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Lord have mercy....

^i cant read all that but it sounds like the OP was confused between immunity and antibodies.

can you get COVID twice? Yes.
    Can you get COVID once you are immune? No

Happy Friday 2th. Continue stirring said pot. Carry on.

How do you determine immunity?

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

What about the new strain that just landed in SC?

South Africa...bo

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    blood test

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    What about the new strain that just landed in SC?
    new, by no means, has to be considered more deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Happy Friday 2th. Continue stirring said pot. Carry on.
    i'm actually interested to get the public perspective on mask wearing after the vaccine. Granted, I am pretty sure I am asking the right people for the "right" answer I want to hear.

It is going to become a point of contention soon. Interestingly, the only segments of the population that currently have the vaccine are in health care or nursing homes (over 70). So....possibly...doctors and old people will dictate how we "go back to normal."

We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^i cant read all that but it sounds like the OP was confused between immunity and antibodies.

can you get COVID twice? Yes.
    Can you get COVID once you are immune? No
    First sentence from the article is below,

Unfortunately, we still do not know what kind of immunity a person has after recovering from COVID-19 or how long that immunity might last. And even if someone is, at least temporarily, immune to reinfection, we do not know for sure that they would be unable to pass the disease to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    TTT

new, by no means, has to be considered more deadly.
    But does the vaccine work as well?

i'm actually interested to get the public perspective on mask wearing after the vaccine. Granted, I am pretty sure I am asking the right people for the "right" answer I want to hear.

It is going to become a point of contention soon. Interestingly, the only segments of the population that currently have the vaccine are in health care or nursing homes (over 70). So....possibly...doctors and old people will dictate how we "go back to normal."

We shall see...
    how will we know who is and who isnt in the immunity club? Who is and isnt Complying with the mask mandate.

Maybe they could come up with something to identify one side or the other.....

hey, I got an idea.....maybe a piece of flair for those that are not immune. They would only HAVE to wear it 24 hours a day.

Eventually, maybe those with the flair, would be invited to live in certain parts of town......maybe even behind gates.

You know, for public safety.

But hey. wear your mask, dont wear your mask, whatever the man tells you to do.

Just stop arguing and get on the train car.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Well seeing as how many people wear a mask presently that provides no protection at all... I am willing to bet even after immunity or vaccine they will still be preaching mask mask mask...... I maybe wrong as even with an increase in numbers and hospitalizations places are opening up.... Who could have seen that coming......
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by scbulldog View Post
    some one on this site would nail this "chic".
    I’m thinking scswampcat.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.