Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Study Availability...

Default Sign me up please.

Sign me up. What do I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Testing takes place in the comfort of your home...I ship the testing unit from my closest location via UPS (with a pre paid return label). I walk you through using the test (simple) then you ship it back to me. Test is then read by a Board Certified Sleep Physician and results are sent to you via email or regular mail. If you have sleep apnea then you have the option of going through me on the equipment or can take you study and Rx and use who you would like. I have a solid discount in place for both testing and equipment for SCDUCKS and have enjoyed working with folks from here. PM me if I can help!

Chris, shot you a text. Thanks

Got set up a few months ago. It was a good move.

I know a couple fellas from High school that recently died in their sleep from apparent "untreated sleep apnea"

Folks don’t realize how hard on the heart getting shit sleep is. I know a few grown men that didn’t see their 60th birthday as a direct result.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Folks don’t realize how hard on the heart getting shit sleep is. I know a few grown men that didn’t see their 60th birthday as a direct result.
    Yep this is true...every time you stop breathing (have an apnea episode) your body goes into fight or flight. Heart races, kidneys secrete urine ( getting up to take a leak a lot throughout the night?)and other organs are shocked to respond. Over time it takes a toll. Cool thing is that OSA can be treaded without having to take medication.

Sounds like I need to talk to my sleep doctor about this. I wish y’all would hurry up and find a cure for Narcolepsy so I can stop taking Adderall.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Cant sleep for crap without mine.
    My wife is sleeping much better since I started using one. LOL.

Chicks dig the machine also.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Fact

I’ve been getting a good bit of inquiry’s regarding taking Flexible Spending Account cards. We absolutely do and all items I carry qualify for payment with the FSA account.

I really don't think apnea is an issue with me, but I could be wrong. I don't seem to have any of the signs and am healthy. But I know I snore like a damn freight train, according to my wife. Am I going about this the wrong way? Is a sleep study really the first step?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

WW that sleep study consisted of putting a wristband on one night, going to sleep, waking up, mailing it back to JCT. Couldn't have been easier...

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I really don't think apnea is an issue with me, but I could be wrong. I don't seem to have any of the signs and am healthy. But I know I snore like a damn freight train, according to my wife. Am I going about this the wrong way? Is a sleep study really the first step?
    Miles,
    You are definitely not the “typical” stature for a sleep apnea candidate...most of us got a little more girth. With that said, OSA can be caused by more than just being overweight. It can be genetic, age related (weakened soft palate muscles), malformation of the jaw, smaller than “normal” airway etc. Highest test I’ve had so far was a guy who is 6’3 does CrossFit 5 days a week and is in perfect shape. Snoring is often “related” but not necessarily sleep apnea...though most with it do snore.

Yeah, you don’t necessarily have to have extra girth to have OSA.

I know...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    WW that sleep study consisted of putting a wristband on one night, going to sleep, waking up, mailing it back to JCT. Couldn't have been easier...
    Sounds like it can't get much easier than that. Just wanna make sure I don't put the cart before the horse here.

Quote Originally Posted by JCT View Post
    Miles,
    You are definitely not the “typical” stature for a sleep apnea candidate......though most with it do snore.
    Gonna check with Tricare first and I'll holler.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Tricare will definitely take care of you. Feel free to shoot me any questions or let me know if I can help.

Gents,
    Got two testing spots available for the week of Feb 22...shoot me a pm if you would like one of those spots. Thanks

Looks like 1 spot open for testing next week. PM me if interested....also been getting a bunch of inquiries as to if we sell the SoClean cleaning system...yes we do, pm me for more info! Thanks

All PM’s returned...feel free to reach out if I can answer any questions about OSA whether you are working with me or just need to be pointed in the right direction. I’m always glad to help.

Looks like 2 openings the second week of March....pm to get on the schedule!
    Last edited by JCT; 02-21-2021 at 09:29 AM.