Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot Melt down?

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Was it labhumper?
    Labhumper couldn't find Reelfoot unless KRT drove him.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

All ducks must be at Reelfoot.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    All ducks must be at Reelfoot.
    Damn right...it must be the cats meow up there if it’s worth shooting folks over!

Or they are fighting over the one group of four that everyone was competing over since they were the only four seen all season! LOL
    Last edited by Ring King; 01-25-2021 at 06:31 PM.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Truly sad.
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by LIGMA View Post
    Is there a link or something to this story?
    Names mentioned here
    https://www.wpsdlocal6.com/news/tbi-...0f73c466e.html

Whatever happened, this is truly sad for our hobby.

Just the natural progression. Somebody had to out do the hothead in eastern NC from last season.

Unfortunately nobody will ever know what really happened.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I bet the boys probably had a run in with him in his blind and left and got down wind of his spread and shot all his birds on the swing.
    Last edited by coot nasty; 01-25-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I bet the boys probably had a run in with him in his blind and left and got down wind of his spread and shot all his birds on the swing.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Man...that’s dirty south if it went down like that.

On reelfoot you have to be in your blind by shooting time or it is open to the public. The owner can come in but can’t kick person out. It has caused some real problems. A guide brings in a late group of hunters only to find someone else there. Even if the person is legal it is a bad situation.

Awful to hear. And I thought is was bad in Sparkleberry back in the late 70's. God Bless them
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by BrownDog View Post
    On reelfoot you have to be in your blind by shooting time or it is open to the public. The owner can come in but can’t kick person out. It has caused some real problems. A guide brings in a late group of hunters only to find someone else there. Even if the person is legal it is a bad situation.
    What causes the problems? If what you typed is true, the expectations seems to be pretty clear. Be there at a certain time or you risk losing your spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    What causes the problems? If what you typed is true, the expectations seems to be pretty clear. Be there at a certain time or you risk losing your spot.
    The problem is that some of those blinds have been in certain families for generations and that causes people to have a since of ownership. From what I understand they aren’t renewing the permits so in the next 40 or so years the blinds will be gone probably. At one point in time Reelfoot was a magical place, but now it’s over ran with guides.

Yep, all the grandfathered permits are dying out as the named permit holders pass on. No renewal and the blinds then turn into state blinds to be used in the lottery system.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

A sense of ownership, overabundance of guides, and others factors likely come into play. My point is the rules on who gets to use the blinds seems to be pretty clear. If it's been in your family for multiple generations and you still have the permit, get up and get in there before legal shooting time. Otherwise, don't be mad if someone takes your spot.

*Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the politics that went into the decision to change the rules for those who've had blinds for generations. I very well could be missing a key point.

From what all I’ve heard it wasn’t about being in the blind, they were shooting his swing.

What does it take for a fire to burn so evil in someone that they think the only reasonable action to take in order to get revenge is to kill? As I sit here typing this out I can’t help but think of my best friend that got shot on the streets of Denver and what it done to his family, friends, and people that he was connected with. The same thing is going on right now with the victims families. They’re receiving news that is going to change their lives forever. No wallet Is worth the life of a human. No duck is worth the life of a human. The world is a sick place. Hate to say it but I hope that sob goes to hell in a hand basket

Quote Originally Posted by LIGMA View Post
    What does it take for a fire to burn so evil in someone that they think the only reasonable action to take in order to get revenge is to kill? As I sit here typing this out I can’t help but think of my best friend that got shot on the streets of Denver and what it done to his family, friends, and people that he was connected with. The same thing is going on right now with the victims families. They’re receiving news that is going to change their lives forever. No wallet Is worth the life of a human. No duck is worth the life of a human. The world is a sick place. Hate to say it but I hope that sob goes to hell in a hand basket
    I agree and he may be there already
    Go Tigers!!!