Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Reelfoot Melt down?

Quote Originally Posted by codeman216 View Post
    I don’t know if any one else picked up on this but they mentioned that the propane was turned on in Vowells blind but no fire lit? Is it possible carbon monoxide poisoning could have been a factor? They didn’t mention it found in the autopsy but why would it be mentioned in the article if not a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did notice that and was thinking the same thing but I believe typical symptoms of propane asphyxiation are similar to carbon monoxide....starting out with nausea, vomiting and headache eventually leading to unconsciousness and death. Don't believe I've ever heard it made you go kill other hunters.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    I believe the man snapped. What's hard to believe is he left him in his boat when he set out for help. Hard to believe hes telling the friend to get the gun yet he allows the guy to get the gun. Hard to believe he stopped the boat to beat him dead, and didn't after he done shot his 2 friends. Then took the time to roll him out of the boat.
    I'd say there was some kind of argument that started it all but with only one witness I guess he's telling �� the truth.
    Translation? Wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Terrible situation for everyone affected by it...My thoughts is it was a Vowell suicide that went awfully wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Timber View Post
    I did notice that and was thinking the same thing but I believe typical symptoms of propane asphyxiation are similar to carbon monoxide....starting out with nausea, vomiting and headache eventually leading to unconsciousness and death. Don't believe I've ever heard it made you go kill other hunters.
    Very true and you wouldn’t think a duck blind would be weathertight enough to cause buildup of gas to cause a problem. Just a weird detail in the article I picked up on. It’s all a terrible event just as we all said when it happened months ago. And what went thru that mans mind to cause him to do it will never be understood. I will say though as far as we can tell by Crabtrees story is at least it wasn’t about shooting someone’s swing or anything duck related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk