Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot Melt down?

Default Reelfoot Melt down?

Two killed , one airlifted , old feller went Kizer on some young fellas shootin his swings?
    Genesis 9;2

thats terrible

Is there a link or something to this story?

Don't think its hit the news yet, some guy in the blinds down the way just reported it. I am not certain if true but if so there will be lots of media and action stance taken and not in the hunters favor.
    Genesis 9;2

What a bunch of fucking idiots. The older I get, the less I care about hunting a duck if I am even in earshot of another person.

Heard the same from someone on here , but haven't gotten the details other than it appears 3 younger guys were hunting in someone else's blind and the owner came in hot and firing...

Damn,duck hunting gets more cut throat every year...that feller that use to guide for honey brake is offering 10k for whomever took an axe to his gator tail boat.

Was it labhumper?
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Two killed , one airlifted , old feller went Kizer on some young fellas shootin his swings?
    I guess he got tired of bitching on social media and went out and did something about it.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Was it labhumper?

Negative ghost rider I’m a lover not a fighter
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Apparently it was at some guy named Newsom’s, Ritz blind. Nobody seems to have details at this point.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Heard the same from someone on here , but haven't gotten the details other than it appears 3 younger guys were hunting in someone else's blind and the owner came in hot and firing...
    For any of you guys who have never approached trespassers, it’s a hairy situation. Most trespassers are MAD trashy and don’t give a f***. If you have ever personally walked up to and explained to a trespasser that they were not allowed where they are you will know what I’m talking about. I have been in a situation confronting a trespasser where I almost had to go Old West on some cats like that. I put my money on the blind owner rolled up on trespassers, it got heated, one of the trespassers pulled a gun and owner when straight Charles Bronson on em.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    For any of you guys who have never approached trespassers, it’s a hairy situation. Most trespassers are MAD trashy and don’t give a f***. If you have ever personally walked up to and explained to a trespasser that they were not allowed where they are you will know what I’m talking about. I have been in a situation confronting a trespasser where I almost had to go Old West on some cats like that. I put my money on the blind owner rolled up on trespassers, it got heated, one of the trespassers pulled a gun and owner when straight Charles Bronson on em.
    And there's not a court in the land that's going to acquit the landowner over a trespass violation (whether true or not this is what happened) for a bird, even a duck.

Or it could be the shooter was just plain crazy.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    And there's not a court in the land that's going to acquit the landowner over a trespass violation (whether true or not this is what happened) for a bird, even a duck.

Or it could be the shooter was just plain crazy.
    I didn’t say anything about shooting because of trespassing or ducks, I said a trespasser probably ran his mouth and pulled a gun. If that’s what happened, he had every right to shoot. We don’t know what happened, but I have a scenario that is 100% legal. No jury would convict.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 01-25-2021 at 05:09 PM.

Heard the gamewardens killed the shooter. Hate that they will have to go through all that red tape on their end, but sounds like he needed putting down...

From what I heard it was three younger guys that were in the older guys blind when he pulled up. Not sure 100% on the legalities out there but I thought all those blinds were first come first serve even if you had one of the grandfathered permits to "have" a blind there. If that's the case then the blind "owner" may be in a heap of trouble regardless of whether a gun got pulled on him or not.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

so they have permits for a blind, but it's still public property/water?

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    so they have permits for a blind, but it's still public property/water?
    Yep and different rules for different TN lakes too, just to make it more confusing.

What I am seeing is it happened out of Walnut Log and was over shooting swings.