Thread: Gout

Default Gout

So I posted last week about someone bringing me a bunch of oysters and a few pounds of fresh shrimp and I love both. I also learned if I eat this many oysters and shrimp in a week I will get the grand experience of gout. My dad got it regularly and I never had it before, well you can bet I’ll never eat as many oysters and shrimp as I did in the past week. One foot’s toes feel like they are ready to fall off. Friend of mine that gets it pretty regular says drink Cherry juice, any of you guys have some home remedies, cherry juice doesn’t seem to help. I hope I’m on the downhill, hunted this morning and thought I wasn’t going to be able to get back to the truck after the hunt.

Gout is one of the top 10 this really sucks of my adult life. Good luck and feel better.

Default Gout

Gout and shingles are my worst enemy’s.
    Last edited by Woodiewacker82; 01-24-2021 at 12:18 AM.

Also try the tart cherry vitamins. Hate to say it but I find them at Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cranberries work better than cherries

Gout sucks.
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

You need colchicine, when you feel it coming on, take two then one more an hour later.
    Then twice daily until it eases off. Ham makes mine flare. Good luck!

^he is correct.

Quit drinking. Shellfish, red meats and other rich foods cause it too but alcoholic beverages are the worst. Cherry juice and cranberry help some but you need some cholcichine. Eat lots of leafy greens and things that make you piss and shit a lot. Good luck, I use to get it 2X a month when I drank since I quit I’ve had two mild cases in 11 years.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Feel for you. Battled it for years. Finally got on allipurinol for it. Only instant relief is get to a foot Dr and get you a shot. It’s a bitch but you’ll feel like a new man in a day.

Gout fun. Here is what is happening in your joints-

Your body is not getting rid of enough uric acid. It is leading to a process that builds icicle looking crystals in your bloodstream that get caught up in the joints. Much harder than icicles, though, these crystals are stabbing and doing very real damage to your soft tissue and nerves.

Here is what they look like under a microscope...

Eliminate anything in your diet high in purines like shellfish or metals like carbonated soda. Remember that this damage is no less real than being stabbed repeatedly with an iron needle. It doesn't just go away once the gout flareup subsides. The damage is forever and over time leads to much worse things than gout...

Cranberry and icy hot
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Gout fun. Here is what is happening in your joints-

Your body is not getting rid of enough uric acid. It is leading to a process that builds icicle looking crystals in your bloodstream that get caught up in the joints. Much harder than icicles, though, these crystals are stabbing and doing very real damage to your soft tissue and nerves.

Here is what they look like under a microscope...

Eliminate anything in your diet high in purines like shellfish or metals like carbonated soda. Remember that this damage is no less real than being stabbed repeatedly with an iron needle. It doesn't just go away once the gout flareup subsides. The damage is forever and over time leads to much worse things than gout...
    Damn if you’re not a barrel of fun today.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrohunter View Post
    You need colchicine, when you feel it coming on, take two then one more an hour later.
    Then twice daily until it eases off. Ham makes mine flare. Good luck!
    This. Cochicine either has something magic in it or just makes you shit your brains out and that is what helps. Not really sure. Home remedies don't work. Steroid shot will knock it out quickest when it has set in. I can take an NSAID like Aleve when I feel it coming on and knock it back. Losing weight and avoiding food and drink that make life worth living work. Sucks though.

Prednisone, fresh lemon in water, and salonpas patch directly on the joint was my go to for last few years. If you can get someone to get you patches from Japan they work better than the ones you can buy at CVS. The patches last a lot longer than icy hot or other topical cream. I also got relief form acupuncture a time or two.

But I recently was given a new remedy that I will try soon. Erin's boss has been battling cancer through 100% homeopathic treatment and he had gout in both feet and knees at the same time...Dr told him to do the following:

wrap castor oil soaked cheese cloth around the joints, wrap that in saran wrap, and heating pad for 20 mintes...3-4 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    This. Cochicine either has something magic in it or just makes you shit your brains out and that is what helps. Not really sure. Home remedies don't work. Steroid shot will knock it out quickest when it has set in. I can take an NSAID like Aleve when I feel it coming on and knock it back. Losing weight and avoiding food and drink that make life worth living work. Sucks though.
    True. Plenty of fluids colchicine is no joke. The first time keep a count the pills until they work. Next time take one less.