Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A true SC tamie hunt

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    I’m going to say that at least 80% of the people who comment on this thread that it’s pathetic, would go on that hunt.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    I’m going to say that at least 80% of the people who comment on this thread that it’s pathetic, would go on that hunt.
    Yep

Really do not see the big deal No different the quail/pheasant hunts now days

Could be doing something lot worse

Fuck toney creek and fuck shad slinger charters

I would hope not eighty percent.. it's pretty shameful, disgusting, and not hunting. If that's high I would think we'd need to do a hard f'n reset.

I don’t know much about pen raised duck hunting. I do know it is common to shoot pen raised quail as a supplement to wild birds in addition to being able to work your dog more.

With this being said, to make a YouTube video and brag about it... oh well to each their own

The number of video clicks from this thread probably paid his lease dues for next year ha!
    Last edited by hunterjw; 01-24-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Yep

Really do not see the big deal No different the quail/pheasant hunts now days

Could be doing something lot worse
    Just because people shoot all sorts of farm animals and call it a hunt, doesn't make it right.
    Last edited by BRR; 01-24-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Just because people shoot all sorts of farm animals and call it a hunt, doesn't make it right.
    Deer that you feed corn to all year are basically farm animals. Just because they aren’t in a pen don’t make them much more wild. I dont care what people shoot I just find it funny how people draw their own lines about it

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Deer that you feed corn to all year are basically farm animals. Just because they aren’t in a pen don’t make them much more wild. I dont care what people shoot I just find it funny how people draw their own lines about it

Thought same thing, beat me to it ��

It's not close. That's not a good argument. I care, and I think it's disappointing.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-24-2021 at 08:50 AM.

Bad comparison in my opinion. I have corned for deer. Guided and shot released quail hunts. Shot tamies on an invitation. They aren’t the same.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

A canned deer hunt may be a better comparison.

I feel sorry for people who think that"s hunting.

It's just one "Bless his heart" moment after another with this one...

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    Bad comparison in my opinion. I have corned for deer. Guided and shot released quail hunts. Shot tamies on an invitation. They aren’t the same.
    I’m not saying they are the same. I’m stating that shooting deer over corn isn’t much more “sporting” than any sort of released “hunt”. Just because it “feels” better to shoot a wild deer it ain’t much different when you’re watching them from 100 yards eating dinner each night

I’d say it even requires more skill to at least shoot a bird. I mean 5 year olds can kill a deer eating corn. I’ve yet to see one kill a bird on the wing.

And if you truly boil it all down, raising quail or ducks to kill is pretty close to raising chickens or turkeys. You’re raising and feeding them with the intent to kill and eat them. The method of killing may be different but the end result is the same. Now, you can say it’s not hunting or sporting and I would fully agree with you. But to be morally superior is something I would say you can’t be.

Actually had this same conversation about tame ducks on a squirrel hunt yesterday morning.

Before joining this jewel of a forum, I had never given much thought to a tamie duck shoot. I knew it wasn’t the same as hunting wild birds but didn’t really have a right or wrong opinion on it. Almost went to one once as a friend was trying talk me into it but I decided it just didn’t seem like something I wanted to spend the money on. After reading multiple threads in here about how tame mallards can be detrimental to the wild mallard populations/gene pool I’m against it. Protecting the natural resource should be a priority for all hunters.

I’ve shot tame quail multiple times and done a pheasant shoot once. Had a subcontractor tell me this past Friday he was scheduling a quail hunt to take me on. I’ll go and I’ll be grateful for his gift but I seriously doubt I’ll ever spend my own money on a tame quail hunt again. I’ve shot a few wild birds before and there’s no comparison between the two.

The tower shoot was interesting, if I remember right I shot 14 times and killed 13. It was shooting, not hunting. I did get a kick out of those that were posing for pictures with them on their tailgates and coolers afterwards like they had really done something.
    Last edited by Duck cutter; 01-24-2021 at 09:43 AM.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

"Do not try to understand them and do not try to make them understand you. That is because they are a breed apart and make no sense" -Chingachgook

I've shot deer over corn and released quail. Ain't close to being the same in my opinion.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

The Clinton House is donating multiple tame duck hunts every month to the DNR TOMO program this year
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Yes. I strive to be a good steward of the land, hunter, outdoorsman. I see enough people that are getting into hunting for different reasons than I. A lot are looking at it as an activity, some what like golf.. business meetings, bringing inept clients out to shoot release birds. And calling it hunting. Bringing their kids out, and teaching them that it's all about killing, then why bought inferior birds.. teaching masses of a generation instant gratification. Yes, I hold myself to a higher standard, and I will look down on it.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 01-24-2021 at 10:04 AM.