Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: used trucks

Default used trucks

Where's a good place to find a decent used 4x4 truck? Trying to stay under $20,000.

carfax online sales- all have carfaxes you can read online and determine if it ever lived up north- I won't buy anything used from snow country where it would have been exposed to road salt. You can search all dealers etc for your desired items-

I just sold a great Toyota 4 x4 tundra truck to auto works or auto world in Spartanburg on blackstock road. I think it’s for sale for 23800, only reason for selling is because shitty gas mileage and I drive a lot! They had other trucks there as well looked decent.
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    carfax online sales- all have carfaxes you can read online and determine if it ever lived up north- I won't buy anything used from snow country where it would have been exposed to road salt. You can search all dealers etc for your desired items-
    I would add that I'd be cautious about any vehicle that's spent a lot of time near salt water air. Not as big a concern as road salt, but still a caution.

Btw, many Northern cities now use sand vs salt, but it's hit or miss, so you never really know.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    I just sold a great Toyota 4 x4 tundra truck to auto works or auto world in Spartanburg on blackstock road. I think it’s for sale for 23800, only reason for selling is because shitty gas mileage and I drive a lot! They had other trucks there as well looked decent.
    What year was it/,
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

It is the white one? That have a 2011 Silverado with 86,000 miles for $19,995. I'm assuming that's a pretty good deal, don't you think? It's been a while since I had to look for a new truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    It is the white one? That have a 2011 Silverado with 86,000 miles for $19,995. I'm assuming that's a pretty good deal, don't you think? It's been a while since I had to look for a new truck.
    I've not looked at trucks for a long time, but short of some expert input here, I'd do some serious research about any Chevy with 86K on it, particularly regarding transmissions, etc.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I've not looked at trucks for a long time, but short of some expert input here, I'd do some serious research about any Chevy with 86K on it, particularly regarding transmissions, etc.

Good luck!
    I've got a 2010 tahoe and we had to put a new transmission in it at around 160k so I get what you're saying.

I didn't see that on the TP- been looking for one

Jason is the owner of Autoworks. Used to be a member here. Good dude. He will take good care of you. Trucks are stupid everywhere. I need to get him to become a site sponsor. He was always just a lurker....

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    I've got a 2010 tahoe and we had to put a new transmission in it at around 160k so I get what you're saying.
    Have you had the AFM Delete done? AFM is Active Fuel Management. Will cause severe problems when a valve lifter fails. Killzone or KRT can perform the delete if you need it done. Higear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Place in Lancaster(Premier Motors) always has a lot full of nice looking Chevys, pretty much the only thing he sells. Have no idea how his prices rank and I've always wondered how/if he has to deal with all of the AFM issues with the trucks he sells. Sure he probably doesn't really offer a warranty, but if it was too much of an issue I couldn't see how he stayed in business.

Buncha Dummies, KRT is the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    Place in Lancaster(Premier Motors) always has a lot full of nice looking Chevys, pretty much the only thing he sells. Have no idea how his prices rank and I've always wondered how/if he has to deal with all of the AFM issues with the trucks he sells. Sure he probably doesn't really offer a warranty, but if it was too much of an issue I couldn't see how he stayed in business.
    They always have clean trucks but they’ll have a ton of miles for the price they want. People buy them though.

Salvage title is always an option. I'm currently driving a tundra that I paid probably half of what a similar non salvage title was going for. I've put around 50k miles on it and had no issues, but I guess it can be hit it miss.

Copart
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

My son is looking all over for a truck. I’ve told him we gotta sell his explorer first so he’s got the additional cash for the truck. He’s wants I think outdo his budget.

Georgetown Auto Sales.

how does ford's 10 speed automatic transmission hold up?
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    Georgetown Auto Sales.
    this here
    At least I'm housebroken.