Thread: Prime bows

Default Prime bows

Anyone on here shoot them? I have one at the bow shop being set up now

Yes best back wall and “fit and finish” in the business. Not sure why they are not more popular on the east coast. They are very popular out west.

I'm sure they're great bows. The only reason I have a Mathews is because that's all the nearest archery shop sold. I hope you get years of enjoyment from your Prime, kind sir.

Great bows, I have a 2018 model Prime Logic that has been great, I shoot a Matthews VXR 31.5 now but the Primes backwall was more solid and it was more stable at full draw. The downside was it was louder and had more hand shock. I've thought about going back to it as my main bow, the thing has been a killer.

Prime makes a great rig. It was between the Hoyt ventum33 and the nexus4 from prime for me this year with the Hoyt winning out.. Dealer network is primes biggest issue in the Charlotte metro area. There are 2 (I think) dealers in a 3 hour radius and 1 of them is a complete joke. Until last year (or maybe the year before) they had draw length specific cams which kill resale. They have rotating mods now so that issue is no more.

Prime puts their grip in the dead middle of the riser instead of a few inches lower like everyone else. That causes a bow with a 34” ata to have the string angle of a 32” bow. That’s my only major gripe with them. All and all, prime is a great bow.

ETA I have no clue how you would even tune a prime. Can you shim both top cams, or how do you lean them? I’ve done shims, top hats, yolks, etc. I’d love to tinker with all those cams.
    Last edited by wiz18; 01-25-2021 at 09:05 PM.

I shoot the Black 3. I’ve gone through some bows and like this one the best. It is louder than most but I have a bunch of weight and other stuff I’ve added that have tamed that down now.

Wiz-It’s a dual track cam, so 2 cams not 4. You tune by adjusting the flexis roller guard or shimming the cams. I have my top cam shimmed.

It holds very steady, and has a high quality feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    . It is louder than most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noise and shock. Other than that it was great... :/
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

String whiskers and a heavy arrow do wonders for making them really quiet. I never had any issues tuning mine with just the rest, if I remember correct mine bare shaft tuned about an 1/8 of an inch to the right of the recommended center shot. You can shim the cams though if needed.