Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How far from a residence for duck hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    You’re right. Except they shot about 100 rounds off of shotgun and .38 shells before I could get the cops and DNR there. Did you remember when I posted about that years ago???
    No, I know the Bitch and the warden that wrote the ticket told me about it, lol. That’s awesome!

Tell em to piss off
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Invite more guns to your hunt next time

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    No, I know the Bitch and the warden that wrote the ticket told me about it, lol. That’s awesome!
    Ha small world. Word was I think the warden told me that the husband had a gov job that I won’t get into on here. That pretty much did in SC duck hunting for me. Not worth killing someone pointing a gun at me or getting shot myself.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Just make sure the shot is not falling on their houses. You might have to move closer to their property and keep your back toward them

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I don't hate a duck enough to want to hunt them 100 yards from someone's house. I would rather avoid that drama altogether.

One time back in college, hunting a decently popular spot on Hartwell. After our first shots the neighboring dock (100yds away) cranks up the radio on his porch. He was waiting and had a setup for duck hunters of multiple big speakers trying to ruin our hunt or flare ducks I guess. I called Oconee county PD pretending to be his neighbor and called in a noise complaint. Sure enough an officer showed up 5-10 mins later and shut him down. He came back on the back porch after and we heckled him and had a good laugh. Didn't shoot a dang thing per Hartwell hunting but it was a fun time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Lady on the Saluda called DNR on some guys shooting “her ducks”. LEO shows up and she tells him what all she was doing to keep them from being able to kill the ducks before he got there. Hunters were within the boundaries of the mean high water mark. LEO gave her a $400 interfering with a lawful hunt ticket.
    Oh hell, this sounds strangely familiar.......... if its who I'm thinking of I dated their granddaughter and heard this story told before. It may not be the same people, but a lady with a husband having a government job............. i'd bet money that's who it was, I also killed some of "her" ducks LMAO
    Last edited by LCO; 01-21-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    " You can't catch the Rona if you already the Illest " - J ROC

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    One time back in college, hunting a decently popular spot on Hartwell. After our first shots the neighboring dock (100yds away) cranks up the radio on his porch. He was waiting and had a setup for duck hunters of multiple big speakers trying to ruin our hunt or flare ducks I guess. I called Oconee county PD pretending to be his neighbor and called in a noise complaint. Sure enough an officer showed up 5-10 mins later and shut him down. He came back on the back porch after and we heckled him and had a good laugh. Didn't shoot a dang thing per Hartwell hunting but it was a fun time.
    There's a lady that has a dock where she feeds tame mallards up there, I'd imagine you know where I'm talking about if it's not the same spot. We would hunt the next point up (a few hundred yards) and mainly shoot geese but occasionally mallards, bluebills, and redheads. Once after a good volley, she brought her premade bottle rocket launcher out and shot a few rounds up our way. It spooked her dock ducks, and they decoyed into our setup. There weren't many birds left to go back to her. She continued to shoot fireworks as I was on the phone with the game warden, who paid her a visit shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    There was a man in Greenwood who would do the same years ago where the saluda river comes in. He would blast his radio. I called the warden on him and he ended up with a ticket. This was at least 12 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    HOA got mad and wrote notes to me but there was nothing in the bylaws that addressed hunting so they couldn’t do anything.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and bet that during the next HOA meeting that loophole got closed quick like.

Screw a HOA.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 01-21-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft