Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New flounder limit

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    That's a bull shit approach.

It won't make a difference to me personally what so ever, I can count on two hands how many flounder I've caught in my life. With that said, it doesn't sit right at all with me. Seems like a pissing match between agencies/states that only hurts the citizens.
    That pissing match has been in play since I was a glimmer in my daddy's eye. I keeps ratcheting up and doesnt change. They will reciprocate in kind, and increase the cost of our OOS licenses, again. That said, NC is on my shit list anyway for what they've done and what they're doing in the Yadkin river valley.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    That pissing match has been in play since I was a glimmer in my daddy's eye. I keeps ratcheting up and doesnt change. They will reciprocate in kind, and increase the cost of our OOS licenses, again. That said, NC is on my shit list anyway for what they've done and what they're doing in the Yadkin river valley.
    Well aware.

You'd think somewhere in the history of that pissing match someone would do something to rectify/reverse the situation, but instead it just keeps escalating. It won't affect me what so ever, I have lifetime licenses in both states, but it still sits wrong with me. Same as some Arkansas, and other states with ducks, residents raising hell about OOS hunters nonstop.

Speaking of the yadkin river valley...

Finding a way to stick it to those cocksuckers that keep the Big Pee Dee at or above flood stage for 11.125 months out of the year for the last 6 years...is > than sticking it to NC residents over their transient fishermen.

That river is killing ALL the oaks in our flood plain, and over topping the dikes in the Santee Delta, not to mention backing up all the rivers that meander through Horry and Marion Counties creating billions of dollars in property damage, (admittedly, I have little sympathy for them because every idiot knows you dont build in a swamp and expect not to flood).
    Last edited by BigBrother; 03-05-2021 at 02:16 PM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I know it is a bullshit approach.

It is also bullshit the commercial fishing lobby keeps the legislators flush with cash while our fishing declines and they flood our water 10.5 months out of the year.

My redneck will give them a load af shit from the SC House. I doubt my amendment passes but my people from Florence who fish in Cherry Grove will know I tried. And maybe NC gets the nudge.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

5/boat max, 3/person if solo.

Lower the limit back to 13" and quit killing all the females.

I rarely keep more than two.

How is restriction of oos any different than another state saying when or how long you can duck hunt? (ND or AR)

They decided to protect their resource, let's do the same.

It is also bullshit the commercial fishing lobby keeps the legislators flush with cash “....

You can’t even imagine. It’s scary
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I know it is a bullshit approach.

It is also bullshit the commercial fishing lobby keeps the legislators flush with cash while our fishing declines and they flood our water 10.5 months out of the year.

My redneck will give them a load af shit from the SC House. I doubt my amendment passes but my people from Florence who fish in Cherry Grove will know I tried. And maybe NC gets the nudge.

Sounds like we need a big dam just inside the border and let some of that extra water stay up there and control the outflow.

I would rather we just push out the 35th parallel like we should’ve done to start with.

Flounder doesn’t even taste good. I said what I said.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill 3957 has passed the house and is in committee in the senate. It was passed 106-3 (DuckTape was a Nay).

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not sheep or trout but butterflied and stuffed with lump crab......

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    It's not sheep or trout but butterflied and stuffed with lump crab......
    Or just eat the crab. Any meat you have to add other meat to eat is not good.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Thank you. It really needed to be said. I will pass on the flounder for a few spots from under the dock any day when it comes to the dinner table...

While I agree on the table fare part... because I believe flounder is fish for folks who dont like to eat fish...

I have to say that I dont eat salt and pepper singular and by themselves.

A 2lb flounder split down the middle scalloped out and stuffed with backfin crab then smothered with beranaise...is harder to beat than a sore pecker.

Garibaldi flounder with apricot jam.
    DILLIGAF

Interesting.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I would be interested in hearing how this was reached and what the parties at the table had to decide between.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    I would be interested in hearing how this was reached and what the parties at the table had to decide between.
    Yeah....I'll second that!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE