Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New flounder limit

Weighted blanket? The hell is that? I had an eiderdown duvet that was pretty damn heavy...

Picked up two 12lb twin blankets a month ago, we throw them on top of the duvet and the first few nights I couldn't figure out why I couldn't kick off the covers.

You've changed the flounder limit several times to no avail? Down to 10 per person? No wonder it was to no avail. 20 For 2 in a boat? 30 for 3? The flounder limit has been the equivalent of NO limit all along.

Back twenty years ago I could hammer them on the nearshore wrecks in late June and July. Rarely saw anyone else targeting them.
    Now every boat out there at least has one rod out with a finger mullet on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    You've changed the flounder limit several times to no avail? Down to 10 per person? No wonder it was to no avail. 20 For 2 in a boat? 30 for 3? The flounder limit has been the equivalent of NO limit all along.
    Size
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I used to run with the country black folk on the northern end of Coastal SC. They did what's called proggin. They'ed straighten the tines out on a pitch fork and lock it into a long pole. Then they'd walk shoulder to shoulder across a creek and stab everything on the bottom. Big or small, it went on the stringer. Doubt they do that any more.
    Morris Day and the Nights?

The Cox boys.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

It was 20 per person/ 40 per boat. Now it is 10 per person/20 per boat. The size limit went from 12 to 13 to 14 to 15. This is just in the last 20 years.

Ya'll catch many flounder in Columbia?

Quote Originally Posted by ricequacker View Post
    Do commercial shrimpers play a role in the decline of flounder populations?
    Way fewer shrimp boats today than when the flounder population was not in a decline. With the fish excluders and turtle excluders required these days very few flounder over 15” are caught. There are times when a few6-8 “ are caught each drag.

Flounder are a lot like ducks when people kill them all there are less of them.

No, but I caught one at Cottageville one time.

Otherwise, Im not sure what your point is.

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    Flounder are a lot like ducks when people kill them all there are less of them.
    Loud1 knows what's up. I'm ready to go get on some soon. Ready for summer, sunshine, and a jon boat.

Popeyes releases new Cajun flounder sandwich, includes option for insurance
    Susan Selasky

Detroit Free Press

Just in time for the Lenten season, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen chain launched a new fish sandwich. On Thursday, Popeyes Cajun Flounder Sandwich made its debut at locations nationwide.

The sandwich, featuring flaky flounder, builds off the great success of its chicken sandwich introduced in August 2019.

Next Wednesday marks the start of Lent when many area Christians avoid eating meat on Fridays. The six-weeks of Lent lead up to Easter and is a time of fasting and reflection.

Popeyes said the sandwich features a Cajun-seasoned flounder filet that gets breaded in crispy coating and fried. It’s served on a buttery toasted brioche bun with barrel cured pickles. Served with Popeyes signature tartar sauce, the sandwich retails for $4.49.

“After seeing the response to our Chicken Sandwich in 2019, we are excited to deliver yet another delicious sandwich to our fans that is sure to reset industry standards,” says Sami Siddiqui, president, Americas at Popeyes® Louisiana Kitchen, in a news release.

Popeyes is sure customers will love the sandwich but will also offer "Sandwich Insurance" only on Thursday's launch day. For an additional 15 cents, customers who buy the fish sandwich and don't like can replace it for free with the chain's chicken sandwich.

When the chicken sandwich made its debut, a chicken sandwich war fueled by social media erupted. The sandwich war was mainly between fried chicken sandwich from Popeyes and Chick-fil-A. Within two weeks Popeyes chicken sandwich sold out. People were hunting around sandwiches and often waited in long lines. It also angered some customers. Nationwide, there were reports of violence, including a fatal stabbing, among those in line for sandwiches.

Advertising and marketing industry sources at the time said the chicken sandwich war craze was big win for Popeyes. The social media buzz surrounding Popeyes chicken sandwich added up to millions in free advertising according to marketing experts.

https://www.freep.com/story/entertai...ch/6721585002/

https://coastalobserver.com/lawmaker...OkJeQnDhQPWyrs

March 4, 2021

A bill by state Rep. Lee Hewitt that would reduce the catch limit from 10 to five flounder and increase the size limit from 15 to 16 inches was approved by a House subcommittee this week. The bill now moves to the Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs committee.
    The bill also allows anglers to keep only one flounder larger than 20 inches. A female that size can lay a million eggs.

State Sen. Stephen Goldfinch plans to take a different approach in a bill he intends to file.
    “My bill is going to end up increasing the cost of a fishing stamp by a few bucks,” he said. The money, which he estimated at $1.2 million annually, will be used to create a flounder fish hatchery.
    Goldfinch said. “I’m not going to do what DNR wants to do. It doesn’t make sense.”

I want to amend this bill to prevent non-residents keeping a flounder.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    All the duck hunters shake with fear that Arkansas and North Dakota take it personally and retaliate with bills that prevent non-residents for keeping mallards...

I myself saw one caught in the Edisto at the 17A bridge back in the 80's. We used to camp there in the summers and saw several blue crabs there also, always thought that was interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    so you don't want my son who comes down from NC to keep a flounder he sticks with me?
    Hmmm
    I bet you'd think different if it was your son and you gigged or if the folks down in Fla where you like to fish
    changed their laws so you couldn't keep a lobster if a non-resident
    Last edited by ecu1984; 03-05-2021 at 09:16 AM.

I've caught spot tail on bush lines on squirrel creek.

And...I have "heard" of a flounder caught all the way up in Conway on the Waccamaw. I doubt the validity of that one though.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton