Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New flounder limit

Sportsmen from Florence vacation and have second homes from Little River to Hilton Head. The ones near Cherry Grove blame NC for their demise. Unfortunately the problem is a fish decline along the entire coast.

My closest constituents want to stop all gigging and put restrictions on NC residents.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

How many were regularly bringing home over 6 per boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Sportsmen from Florence vacation and have second homes from Little River to Hilton Head. The ones near Cherry Grove blame NC for their demise. Unfortunately the problem is a fish decline along the entire coast.

My closest constituents want to stop all gigging and put restrictions on NC residents.
    what is a "closest constituent?"
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

i get it. i just like to try to repeatedly make the same point until you say "yes, I understand what you are saying."

and maybe I'm wrong on what I think our elected officials do. I readily admit that and have been told as much many times before. BUT, I still think our elected officials are supposed to be OUR voice, not yours. I dont care about your rich friends who cant catch flounder. I care about the entire voice of the people you represent. I dont want my elected officials to think for themselves. I want to respond to what their voters want.

Yes, I know its folly...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

To specifically target flounder south of Charleston is extremely difficult for 99.9% of anglers... and 99.9% of those in favor of banning all gigging live north of Chas.
    Last edited by Palmetto Pride; 02-03-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I care about the entire voice of the people you represent. I dont want my elected officials to think for themselves. I want to respond to what their voters want.
    Why? How often do you find that the general electorate is knowledgeable enough about a subject to even know what they want? Pure democracy sounds nice. But folly, it is...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Why? How often do you find that the general electorate is knowledgeable enough about a subject to even know what they want? Pure democracy sounds nice. But folly, it is...
    better option than catering to the donor class and elites is it not?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

While I understand what you are saying, I feel this is the mindset of most if not all liberals today. The "I know what is better for you and will change your world accordingly" mindset pisses me off.

Also I would add that we do need to do a better job of educating... well everyone. I doubt the general public, the majority of Duck Tape's constituents for that matter, know much of anything when it comes to the health of our local flounder fishery and weather or not any action is needed. This is another prime example of why wildlife regulations in the state of South Carolina should not be decided by the general assembly.
    Last edited by CUduckreeper; 02-03-2021 at 10:25 AM. Reason: added to
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    The "I know what is better for you and will change your world accordingly" .
    Correct.

The "conservatives" have been doing the same thing since the 60's, switch the "change your world" to "preserve our world"...

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    what is a "closest constituent?"
    Somebody who owns a second house on Marion or the coast.

We are all frustrated with the decline. We have listened to DNR and changed the flounder harvest a couple times since I have served to no avail.

I listen to all. My vote is a blend of my interpretation of all information I absorb. We have a representative style government not a democracy.

In the end voters decide on my fate every two years. Que Rice...
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    How many were regularly bringing home over 6 per boat?
    Late April, May, Early June it can be done regularly. Catching 20 on H&L would be a feat for sure. They are also whacking the red drum pretty hard up here in MI. Small water with easy access is a completely different fishery than Georgetown to MCVL to Charleston.

Well let’s be honest a coordinated regional approach is best considering fish don’t know states boundaries, but NC still has a commercial fish fleet that in my opinion decimates more flounder than any sport fisherman. I still make my kids throw back ever flounder we catch., just in the hope their kids can catch some, so I guess trying something different is good. But I can’t help but feel like I did my part with led lightbulbs while China and India burn coal, take care of the big guys doing damage as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have a dream

You must be sleeping on one of these sweet mattresses from Jay, too...

Do commercial shrimpers play a role in the decline of flounder populations?

Does a bear shit in the woods?
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

When he has to go so badly that he can't hold it long enough to get to your deer corn pile, yes.

You must be sleeping on one of these sweet mattresses from Jay, too...
    truth be told, I DO!

plus, I got a weighted blanket for christmas. I'm not sold on it but I think i like it a little...

You pile on enough blankets like we do to stay warm in the winter the weight makes you sleep better. We keep this old house cold
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"