Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Victories

Default Little Victories

Sometimes you have to be happy with the little victories...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

What bird sanctuary? Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Bird feeder birds? Stopped that about age 8. But glad you’re happy.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Bird feeder birds? Stopped that about age 8. But glad you’re happy.
    House Sparrow. Non native and invasive.

Those are some wicked looking pellets. Always wanted a powerline 880 as a kid or a Benjamin.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Those are some wicked looking pellets. Always wanted a powerline 880 as a kid or a Benjamin.
    Hell yeah! I bought a Benjamin at a yard sale with my Grandmother, for $15, when I was about 10. That was the baddest BB gun on the planet. Even killed a possum with it one time.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I killed a bunch of town critters with my chrome crossman .22 pelet gun...it would thump 'em, but I did always want me a benjamin. I've still got time.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

You putting it on dry ice and sending it to Head?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    You putting it on dry ice and sending it to Head?
    Haha...I wonder how much he'd charge?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    House Sparrow. Non native and invasive.
    Yep. Those and starlings ain't protected.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Hell yeah! I bought a Benjamin at a yard sale with my Grandmother, for $15, when I was about 10. That was the baddest BB gun on the planet. Even killed a possum with it one time.
    I killed a Beaver from bout 40/yds thinking I would not with a Benjamin, 3 pumps. Right between the eyes and called the shot with Iron sites They are badass for what they are
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I'll always have a great fondness for the Crosman 760 Pump Master, probably the best all around bb/pellet gun ever made.
    But like others have said, I also had a Benjamin Sheridan .20 cal pellet rifle that was an absolute killing machine. I found mine in the trash can
    Someone threw it away because the bolt/chamber tube had separated from the rest of the receiver. I used a metal hose clamp to hold it together and it shot fine for many years and the little .20 cal conical pellets were absolutely nasty on feral cats.

Benjamins are bad medicine on rabid coons, no doubt. Good killing on the illegal immigrant.

My mom would take contracts out on cowbirds and house sparrows when I was at home. They would kill the blue birds for their house. Fun times.

Ive noticed a steady decline in house sparrows over the years. When I was a kid, grocery story parking lots and farmyards were eat with them. They nested in the rafters and the signs on the stores - made a big mess. I dont see them like that so much anymore. For a while, it seemed like house finches were taking their place, but they've declined as well. Somethings taking a toll on all of them.
    Last edited by GMAC; 01-21-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Good job.

My pappa had a bounty on crows, blue jays and wood peckers. They’d eat his pecans. Pecans paid the property taxes, and funded Santa Claus.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

As a kid I shot a quail on the covey rise with my benjamin, I killed my first duck with mine also. A gwt drake that sitting in a little flooded part of a bean field beside my grandmothers house. I also shot a doe in the back of the head when she jumped up in front of me. She carried it and I was heartbroken. No one would even believe that I even saw a deer in that part of Clarendon county at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Haha...I wonder how much he'd charge?
    I’m sure we could work something out....may have to study on it a while
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Get that sucker mounted cupped up and dropping in on a french fry, set on a foundation of asphalt.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I can supply the asphalt. I drive though Belton daily and there’s big ol chunks of it laying around everywhere.