Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rivian Trucks

They look less stupid then Tesla, but not as cool as Bollinger.

Until they come up with a way to delete them and make em where they’ll roll coal, I’m out....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I just want to use one of the remote diesel powered generator charging stations.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

How often do you drive greater than 500 miles in one day? I used to when I managed large remote construction but maybe once a year now. These vehicles are ready for normal people now and they are only going to get better.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

Lot of money being pumped into solid state batteries and green energy. Its going to happen, some say they will have electric/hydrogen fillups quicker than gas. Will take about 10 years for it to really grab hold.

DUCKMAN is offline Moderator - Traveling Duck Assasin

Wonder how we will replace the gas tax ? Will it be based on power use? Miles traveled? Time on charger? Annual assessment? It will NOT be cheap!
    DUCKMAN<br /><br />\"If you love waterfowl - support DU and the Flyway Foundation!!\"

I have been stranded in the woods enough times by broken down electric golf carts to know this isn’t a good idea. One bad wire, or loss lug and you are done for.

I'd prefer a nuclear powered Delorian like in the movie Back To The Future............NO charging station needed.

Can they be modified to squat? Deal killer for sure.

The green tree huggers will knock over grandma to get to an electric car. Electric car parking spaces are better than handicap in downtown Greenville. I shit you not. Closest to the door on the ground floor of the parking garages THEN handicap. Priorities.....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

They used these as the chase trucks in Long Way Up. Its the third installment of the documentaries with Ewan Mcgregor and Charley Boorman. Drove from the tip of south america to Los Angeles following electric harleys. Two previous times they used BMW's and custom trucks. All three docs are a great watch. This one goes behind the scenes a bit on Rivian as a company and they did awesome on the trip. The trucks did way better than I ever thought. In 5 yrs if they are a healthy company, charging stations are logistically available and have 500 mile range ima get one.

What happened to natural gas? Wouldn't that be a green energy and we wouldn't have to deal with the battery disposal.
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by saltedbutter View Post
    They used these as the chase trucks in Long Way Up. Its the third installment of the documentaries with Ewan Mcgregor and Charley Boorman. Drove from the tip of south america to Los Angeles following electric harleys. Two previous times they used BMW's and custom trucks. All three docs are a great watch. This one goes behind the scenes a bit on Rivian as a company and they did awesome on the trip. The trucks did way better than I ever thought. In 5 yrs if they are a healthy company, charging stations are logistically available and have 500 mile range ima get one.
    Where can I watch those docs?
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The Nikola Badger is interesting...if it and the infrastructure ever gets built. Electric and hydrogen fuel cell. Exhaust is water vapor, which hippies will likely say will increase cloud cover.

They also plan on making UTVs and PWCs

https://nikolamotor.com/badger

nikola_badger9c-f0d2ac301ebe9c2d1231eb7a67167b8232f0306018c56a487d1c76f25c11ece5.jpg
    Last edited by Geetch; 01-20-2021 at 08:34 AM.

jwilliams is online now 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

hmmm. Can I just keep my F150?
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

The Rivian tank turn is pretty cool though.

They are already making portable chargers (need 240V at the moment) but you can bet your ass the new regime will be supplementing development of open charging stations. I'm thinking expanded numbers and sizes of rest areas with plenty of locations to plug in.
    “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” Lord Byron

The damn thing looks like a Honda Ridgeline......

Y'all can have those trucks. If the time comes that they start decreasing the production of gas trucks, I'll be buying 3-4 to keep me going for the remainder of my life.

And from what I understand, the electric vehicle doesn't really help our emissions problem with the amount of energy that has to be produced to charge the batteries and the waste caused by the battery disposal
    Last edited by Remy; 01-20-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Y'all can have those trucks. If the time comes that they start decreasing the production of gas trucks, I'll be buying 3-4 to keep me going for the remainder of my life.

And from what I understand, the electric vehicle doesn't really help our omissions problem with the amount of energy that has to be produced to charge the batteries and the waste caused by the battery disposable

Get with the program. Batteries are magic and the materials to make them come right out of the ground. What's not to like?