Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB Youth shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Hey. Us "not real doctors" gotta stick together.
    Amen, brotha!
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Not when we're deciding which one I'm gonna slap you with.
    What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Doesn’t exist. Youngest is left eye dominant and has always shot lefty. I went with a browning micro Midas cynergy , now that he is 14 I got a m2 lh for him .
    Browning bps pump ejects on the bottom but is hard to find now

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    What did the 5 fingers say to the face?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I miss that show.

Bumping this back up

What is the recommendation now?

I’m leaning towards the super bantam in 410 for a starter. Eventually would love to have a compact Beretta in 20ga. The kid already shoots a Red Ryder and 22 lights out. My thoughts on the mini 410 to start with are: I can see the safety on top easier then a trigger guard safety and I just don’t want to throw her into a semi to start with.

She has shouldered some 20s already and they are just to large for her now. She has to do the lean your back to offset the weight. Seen plenty of kids her age and size all shooting semi 20 ga youth guns and they are struggling to hold them up and then get pounded with recoil. Not the route I want her to take at all.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate lab84 View Post
    Bumping this back up

What is the recommendation now?

I’m leaning towards the super bantam in 410 for a starter. Eventually would love to have a compact Beretta in 20ga. The kid already shoots a Red Ryder and 22 lights out. My thoughts on the mini 410 to start with are: I can see the safety on top easier then a trigger guard safety and I just don’t want to throw her into a semi to start with.

She has shouldered some 20s already and they are just to large for her now. She has to do the lean your back to offset the weight. Seen plenty of kids her age and size all shooting semi 20 ga youth guns and they are struggling to hold them up and then get pounded with recoil. Not the route I want her to take at all.
    Got a bantam 410 you're welcome to try out before you buy one. Bring your own shells them things ain't cheap. Message me. Midway crossroads next to parsonage.

It's not left hand, but I've had one of these for a few years and it's been great. I use it as a rabbit gun and have beat the crap out of it. I caught it on sale and paid a lot less than $450.

https://www.academy.com/p/ata-arms-y...ku=20-gauge-24

Shit, I never even saw the south paw reference…searched some and chose what I thought was the most recent youth gun thread.

It will be for a right handed shooter.

Thanks. HuntingJunkie, may take you up on that sometime. I’m just a few miles from you.