Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Why would someone catch a coyote and then turn loose with the hope someone kills it again? You accomplished your goal with the first part.
    Catch it. Sterilize it. Tag it. Release it. Watch people hunt and kill every coyote they can, hoping to find the golden ticket. The death of the many is far better that the death of the one.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

You were supposed to let him stew on it for a little while...

Quote Originally Posted by Quack07 View Post
    You were supposed to let him stew on it for a little while...
    I know, but the Tourette’s though...,,
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Dammittttttohell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Catch it. Sterilize it. Tag it. Release it. Watch people hunt and kill every coyote they can, hoping to find the golden ticket. The death of the many is far better that the death of the one.
    People are too damn lazy, the golden ticket is a healthy deer herd among other things and most people would rather bitch on the internet......

It’s pretty fuk’n simple....if you want more ducks, stop people from commercializing them. If you want less coyotes, commercialize them. Fur is out so there is no money from that angle. If people have a way to make money, they will exploit the resource and we need them exploited! They were not here in my youth when all game flourished!

We counted 51 OOSERs vehicles coming back this past Monday. That's a ton of mullah pouring in to a state and just in one 12 hour window headed one way.
    Genesis 9;2

Ducks are a valuable commodity. Elephants would probably be extinct in the wild if people did not make any money hunting them. It’s not hard to fix it. Kill less and make more.

On another note sc and southeast is changing. It’s more obvious in some places but now it’s everywhere. People are fleeing states like California and New York and sc is on their list to move to. We have low taxes, good weather and our state government is “I can live with it crazy”.

[QUOTE=santee11;2836860]Ducks are a valuable commodity. Elephants would probably be extinct in the wild if people did not make any money hunting them. It’s not hard to fix it. Kill less and make more.

This is something I’ve heard discussed on several podcasts recently with SCI and Dallas Safari Club leaders. Ducks need to maintain a commodity value in order to maintain importance. Hunting as a sport needs the outfitters and guides to maintain the interest level of the rich guys that want to go hunt but don’t have the time or equipment to go scout and do it on their own. Their money (along with all licensed hunter’s money) is what gets back to the resource in order to keep the resource valid.

Anti-hunters don’t spend money on conservation projects and habitat and hunting license funds. They simply believe if they can lobby to outlaw hunting then the resource will take care of itself naturally. This would in turn lead to every acre of wetlands being plowed under as farmland in prairie pothole region because no incentive not to(not trying to start a farmers vs. DU debate here we can save that for another time).

If there is a population problem that’s being snowed under, then what is the fix? Outfitters sell the experience of hunting, you don’t pay per duck killed, so I would think reduced bag limits would be more beneficial than reduced days. I’m nowhere near claiming to be in the know on a lot of this but I will say the commodity value theory makes a lot of sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk