Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FCC wants you to know

Default The FCC wants you to know

DA 21-73
    Released: January 17, 2021

FCC ENFORCEMENT ADVISORY

WARNING: AMATEUR AND PERSONAL RADIO SERVICES LICENSEES AND OPERATORS MAY NOT USE RADIO EQUIPMENT TO COMMIT OR FACILITATE CRIMINAL ACTS

The Enforcement Bureau (Bureau) of the Federal Communications Commission issues this Enforcement Advisory to remind licensees in the Amateur Radio Service, as well as licensees and operators in the Personal Radio Services, that the Commission prohibits the use of radios in those services to commit or facilitate criminal acts.

The Bureau has become aware of discussions on social media platforms suggesting that certain radio services regulated by the Commission may be an alternative to social media platforms for groups to communicate and coordinate future activities. The Bureau recognizes that these services can be used for a wide range of permitted purposes, including speech that is protected under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Amateur and Personal Radio Services, however, may not be used to commit or facilitate crimes.

Specifically, the Bureau reminds amateur licensees that they are prohibited from transmitting “communications intended to facilitate a criminal act” or “messages encoded for the purpose of obscuring their meaning.” 47 CFR § 97.113(a)(4).

Likewise, individuals operating radios in the Personal Radio Services, a category that includes Citizens Band radios, Family Radio Service walkie-talkies, and General Mobile Radio Service, are prohibited from using those radios “in connection with any activity which is against Federal, State or local law.” 47 CFR § 95.333(a).

Individuals using radios in the Amateur or Personal Radio Services in this manner may be subject to severe penalties, including significant fines, seizure of the offending equipment, and, in some cases, criminal prosecution. 47 U.S.C. §§ 401, 501, 503, 510.

Issued by: Chief, Enforcement Bureau

https://www.fcc.gov/document/amateur...-radios-crimes

Cool, another law telling you not to break the law, while you’re already breaking the law.

dammit!

Now I cant ask Rubber Duckie to keep Smokey the Bear off my back door.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

If only the DEA had sent out a press release to not sell drugs instead of spending $2 billion a year on interdiction...

Would a 1000 watt amplifier on cb be included in this? Asking for a friend
    Last edited by RWW; 01-18-2021 at 01:54 PM.

We used CB's in Columbia and marine radio at the beach to keep up before cell phones got into wide use. I still have a marine handheld that I won on the Pat&Seth radio call in show. The answer to the question was "Ringneck"...

Qanons think that that Trump is taking down all cell and tv air waves Wednesday. He will use the Emergency Broadcast System for 2 weeks to explain to explain to the nation he will be czar for 4 more years. General Flynn will be his VP. 80k arrest coming the high profile are going to Gitmo. #soon

its not a new law
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

New to me. Heck, I thought it was ok to use radios to help me break the law. Now they come around announcing this crap and ruin my weekend plans.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

But it was okay to use the FBI to break the law?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    But it was okay to use the FBI to break the law?
    Ok for “them”. If you have to ask then you ain’t one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its not a new law
    I’m getting a Toothache.

people been having them since the dawn of time, too.

but its not ok to use your ham radio to start an uprising.

its interesting how you people are against things now....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

How does this affect the fishing at the GTH?
    Last edited by Saltydog235; 01-18-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    How does this affect the fishing at the GTH?
    as long as you are not conspiring to catch Red Snapper out of season, you MIGHT be ok.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    people been having them since the dawn of time, too.

but its not ok to use your ham radio to start an uprising.

Who said it was?

It'd probably be funny to know how many agents they have monitoring arfcom.

Them sumbitchs. Gonna get you Bandit
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    We used CB's in Columbia and marine radio at the beach to keep up before cell phones got into wide use. I still have a marine handheld that I won on the Pat&Seth radio call in show. The answer to the question was "Ringneck"...
    I won one as well. My Question's Answer was Canvasback. Still have it, although the Battery needs to be replaced.

Back in the late 80s my handle was "Dale Earnhardt, Jr".