Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sketchy

" they call us the civilized tribe"

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Two NG members have been removed from Inauguration duties. " Links to Militias" found...
    Up to 12 now
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Endeavor to persevere. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherduster View Post
    Up to 12 now
    <0.05%

Sounds like a pandemic of white supremacy in the guard.

Not the picture they had hope to paint.

If I were a governor I would order every one of them home.

Don’t question my soldiers’ loyalty to the country. They should not be asked to be loyal to a man.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

I bet Sadat wished they had vetted his soldiers better. I remember this like it was yesterday.

On 6 October 1981, a victory parade was held in*Cairo*to commemorate the eighth anniversary of*Egypt's crossing of the Suez Canal.[1]*Sadat was protected by four layers of security and eight bodyguards, and the army parade should have been safe due to*ammunition-seizure rules. As*Egyptian Air Force*Mirage*jets flew overhead, distracting the crowd,*Egyptian Army*soldiers and troop trucks towing artillery paraded by. One truck contained the assassination squad, led by Lieutenant Khalid Islambouli. As it passed the tribune, Islambouli forced the driver at gunpoint to stop. From there, the assassins dismounted and Islambouli approached Sadat with three hand*grenades*concealed under his helmet. Sadat stood to receive his salute; Anwar's nephew Talaat El Sadat later said, "The president thought the killers were part of the show when they approached the stands firing, so he stood saluting them",[14]*whereupon Islambouli threw all his grenades at Sadat, only one of which exploded (but fell short), and additional assassins rose from the truck, indiscriminately firing*AK-47*assault rifles*into the stands until they had exhausted their ammunition, and then attempted to flee. After Sadat was hit and had fallen to the ground, people threw chairs around him to shield him from the hail of bullets.

The attack lasted about two minutes. Sadat and ten others were killed outright or suffered fatal wounds, including Major General Hassan Allam, Khalfan Nasser Mohammed (a general from the Omani delegation), Eng. Samir Helmy Ibrahim, Al Anba' Samuel, Mohammed Yousuf Rashwan (the presidential photographer), Saeed Abdel Raouf Bakr, Chinese engineer*Zhang Baoyu*[zh],[15]*as well as the Cuban*ambassador*to Egypt, and a*Coptic Orthodox*bishop, Anba Samuel of Social and Ecumenical Services.

Twenty-eight were wounded, including*Vice President*Hosni Mubarak,*Irish Defence Minister*James Tully, and four US military liaison officers. Security forces were momentarily stunned, but reacted within 45 seconds. The Swedish ambassador*Olov Ternström*managed to escape unhurt.[16][17]*One of the attackers was killed, and the three others injured and arrested. Sadat was airlifted to a military hospital,[18]*where eleven doctors operated on him.[citation needed]*He died nearly two hours after he was taken to the hospital.[18]*Sadat's death was attributed to "violent nervous shock and*internal bleeding*in the chest cavity, where the left lung and major blood vessels below it were torn."[19]

Aftermath

What a nightmare that would be. We wouldn't be allowed to own squirt guns...

I just finished ”Surprise, Kill, Vanish” by Annie Jacobsen. It was good. Covered a lot of the high profile assassinations from WW2 to present, and even talked about when the US had Bin Laden under surveillance in Khartoum pre 9/11. It went into some good details about the Sadat killing, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

Don’t question my soldiers’ loyalty to the country. They should not be asked to be loyal to a man.
    ostrich
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Where was all the riots today? Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    Where was all the riots today? Did I miss something?

Bang your head is better. Maybe more fitting...

This country is gone WOKE and some of you dummy's just don't see it. Holler back when you think 2008 was a good year.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post

While I agree with your comments, if those 25-40K NG's and their commanding officers had/were truly loyal to the US Constitution that they gave their oath to, they would have arrested about 85% of Congress, Biden, Harris, most of the CIA, and all of the upper management of the FBI, et al, and started the military tribunals or just hauled them off to Gitmo.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'