Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 lumber prices on the rise

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    That mill ain’t coming back. It made sense when grant built the twin mills in allendale and alcolu for their distribution territories. Allendale to push osb south east coast. Alcolu to sell north east coast. When GP bought after grant went under the other mills that GP owned came into to play. Alcolu is GP’s flagship osb mill and can produce enough to meet demand for its territory.
    It will come back when someone tries to open another mill and compete. What happens to a products price when it is scarce? Not enough competition...

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Would you give us 'small users' a heads up when it looks like the retail prices will be near their lows so we can grab what we need for home projects? I'm particularly most likely looking at 'Yeller(?) Wood' for a deck.
    Decking will be the last to drop, Like Bird said above, people stuck at home building decks is actually a huge reason to blame for all this price increase. Its been flying off the shelf.

We are obviously planning to place huge orders at the bottom, so I will give you guys a heads up when its at the bottom.

Hope you buy some Culpeper decking not Yellerwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    The prices have definitely made me put a hold on building my house. I'm hoping they are down by 2022.
    This is exactly where i'm at. We are ready to build but it's not happening at these prices. Just going to wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    Decking will be the last to drop, Like Bird said above, people stuck at home building decks is actually a huge reason to blame for all this price increase. Its been flying off the shelf.

We are obviously planning to place huge orders at the bottom, so I will give you guys a heads up when its at the bottom.

I love the DIY husbands and the wives that say can you fix this.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I work in a sawmill. I expect market pricing to flatten this week and trend downward for the immediate future. But I’ve been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by mdb2 View Post
    I work in a sawmill. I expect market pricing to flatten this week and trend downward for the immediate future. But I’ve been wrong before.
    I sure hope you’re right. About to start on our house, finally. We’ve been holding off until prices went down but I’m ready to be back in my own house. It’s been great for my wife to have some time with her Dad as he probably only has a few years left in him but damn living in somebody else’s house. Won’t make that mistake again.

Good grief man even a person without a brain would have known better than to do that
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mdb2 View Post
    Yep, unfortunately that spring buying uptick is going to run it right back up I would expect.

Yep, unfortunately that spring buying uptick is going to run it right back up I would expect.
    If I had to guess, I would say you’re right. I don’t know that a downturn in pricing at the mill level right now will ever reach the end users. This market has been absolutely nuts for a year.

Picked up a load today. 3 2x12x16, 8 2x12x12, 10 2x6x12 $486
    153BE8A3-CD45-4A41-8334-6C9ED6AFAC6A.jpg
    1D5656DC-25C3-4835-B3BD-9D344E6D6AEE.jpg
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Your welcome. Replacing some lattice and simple steps in the back porch. Was shocked by the price but it had to be done. I will be waiting to do the front porch until prices come down. Luckily early last year I had bought a bunch of wood just to have on hand for projects. Getting down to the last few sheets of plywood.

2E83DAC2-F4A0-4E96-A79F-197E9B43823E.jpg

(8) 12’ pieces of crown
    (15) 12’ pieces of baseboard
    (1) 8’ 2X6
    (1) 12’ 1X6.

$578
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    (8) 12’ pieces of crown
    (15) 12’ pieces of baseboard
    (1) 8’ 2X6
    (1) 12’ 1X6.

$578

Ouch

That’s just ridiculous. I have an insurance claim check that was issued in July for damages related to a tornado. Given the increase in lumber prices since then, I’m not exactly coming out even here. And to be clear, that’s all I am trying to do. I’ve already paid for the repairs that needed to happen immediately, out of my own pocket. Can I go back to my insurance provider, with quotes for repairs, and count on them to recalculate the costs of the repairs?

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    That’s just ridiculous. I have an insurance claim check that was issued in July for damages related to a tornado. Given the increase in lumber prices since then, I’m not exactly coming out even here. And to be clear, that’s all I am trying to do. I’ve already paid for the repairs that needed to happen immediately, out of my own pocket. Can I go back to my insurance provider, with quotes for repairs, and count on them to recalculate the costs of the repairs?
    Yes. You will need to do a supplement. When material increases significantly then insurance companies can and likely will make revisions to their exactimate program or whatever programs they use to figure the amount they are willing to pay. Just talk to your adjuster and he or she should be able to help you

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Yes. You will need to do a supplement. When material increases significantly then insurance companies can and likely will make revisions to their exactimate program or whatever programs they use to figure the amount they are willing to pay. Just talk to your adjuster and he or she should be able to help you
    Are you in the insurance business, or speaking from experience in a similar circumstance? Thanks for the feedback, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    Are you in the insurance business, or speaking from experience in a similar circumstance? Thanks for the feedback, btw!
    No, roofing business. I have had to do multiple supplements lately with insurance companies due to the recent surge in material price. No problem

Since lumber prices have gotten so high, Im just using lumber from the back yard on my new project.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Makes sense to me. Just bent over yesterday and ordered pretty good bit of PT. I was shocked. 6X6X12 - 69 and change not including tax.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"